• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs Councilman calls for OC Ban

RockyMtnScotsman

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

linked article said:
http://www.krdo.com/news/springs-councilman-calls-for-open-carry-ban/36388144

"Councilman Bill Murray calls open carry 'a privilege not a right.' But will Murray's colleagues agree to make changes?"

Oh, really? Then he won't mind if his 'privilege' of free speech is infringed upon, will he? Or his privilege to remain free from unreasonable searches and seizures? I'm sure he'd be perfectly happy if the shoe were on the other foot!

Wait a second... now I see the problem. His name is Bill Murray, so he must fancy himself a comedian!

Well I, for one, am not laughing...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...career military you'd think he knows better

On the contrary, they often don't know any better. They've spent their life without most Constitutional freedoms (having signed them away) and taking freedoms from others. It's normal to them, which is sad.

rushcreek2

Open carry is the constitutional right to keep and bear arms in defense of one's person in Colorado ( except in Denver of course ).

You need a permit to conceal.....in Colorado. THAT is a privilege.

This Bill Murray character seems to have a problem with the Colorado Constitution...like most of the progressive ilk.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It's time also to ban all outwardly displayed slogans. These cause disruption and offenses (think of the children.) Your shirt can only have a slogan on it if worn underneath other clothing. And then since you are having a slogan, but hiding it, your intentions are unknown, and so that should require a permit after a background check to make sure you haven't previously been known to abuse your privilege of free speech.

rightwinglibertarian

The man is delusional and clearly incapable of reading plain English. I suggest he be removed from his position by reason of mental defect. Shall not be infringed means just that. Anything else is illegal, void and may not be enforced.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Ken56

I just don't understand the thought process that not seeing something means it does not exist. I for one WANT to know who is armed around me and mine. I know even that is not possible 100 %, anywhere, any time. Him being retired military and feeling/thinking this way is disconcerting to me because I have often wondered what the average soldier would do if ordered to bring arms against his fellow countrymen on U.S. soil. I know the national guard has been deployed in this manner before, but really, with no state having its own militia today what is our defense?

Anyway, opposition to this man needs to be loud and swift. Colorado did it before, now you have a new enemy. Go kick his sorry butt out of office.