• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Come witness my murder!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
https://goo.gl/iW0psS - I like to take the scenic route. If you can't ride on sand and gravel, might keep your chopper to the pavement...

It's a nice lake in a town about 20 miles from my place.

I just rode by on the bike. Nice breeze, 75 degrees. Perfect to tie a little bank line to my toe and take a nap on one of the oversized benches they have all around the perimeter of the lake. If the other end of that bank line has a circle hook and some soap bait, I just might accidentally catch a catfish while taking an OC nap under a tree...

As per SOP pretty much everywhere in FL, screaming bulging forehead vein guy with a badge will tell me to "put the gun down" even though it isn't in my hand. Requiring me to reach for it, draw it from the holster, at which point he'll murder me for "going for my gun." That being the whole reason why he told me to do it; a setup to get away with murdering a non-statist. Which is why I'm going to lay there, refusing to do a damn thing he says. At which point he'll murder me anyway and lie in the report.

Would be awful thoughty if someone would make a video of it.

Last edited:

ADulay

Really? That's the best you can come with to whine about, again?

I've done the fishing thing for several years now. Public piers, bridges, fishing spots, middle of nowhere, middle of somewhere.

Public parks designed for tourist fishing, etc.

I have had the law show up and ask me what's going on and about a minute later they have always been back in the car and on their way.

Why all the drama today?

AD

davidmcbeth

Banned

I've done the fishing thing for several years now. Public piers, bridges, fishing spots, middle of nowhere, middle of somewhere.

Public parks designed for tourist fishing, etc.

I have had the law show up and ask me what's going on and about a minute later they have always been back in the car and on their way.

Why all the drama today?

AD

[ADulay: You have a jet next to you ... use caution .. sometimes fighter jet pilots fall asleep]

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Everything different from you is a sissy whiner. Got it.

And how much of it in Madison and Suwannee County, where both Sheriffs have assured me that the law is irrelevant, if anyone is seen with a gun, they will kill that person.

Why all the drama today?
Drama? Where?

You don't live here. You live in urban land. It's not the same everywhere. Maybe you should go try it in New York City, and call it drama again...

Last edited:

OC for ME

... And how much of it in Madison and Suwannee County, where both Sheriffs have assured me that the law is irrelevant, if anyone is seen with a gun, they will kill that person. ...
Must not be any guns being seen in Madison and Suwannee counties by deputies cuz there are no news reports of deputies shooting anyone with a gun...heck, the deputies aren't even shooting folks who they see have a gun it seems. Now, they could be covering up the fact that they are shooting anyone they see with a gun and threatening folks with their lives if the go to the press.

Could be happening I guess.

ADulay

And how much of it in Madison and Suwannee County, where both Sheriffs have assured me that the law is irrelevant, if anyone is seen with a gun, they will kill that person.

ixtow,

I really don't know as I don't keep track of the counties I traverse during the month.

I do find it a bit hard to believe that either of those Sheriffs told you, personally, that they would shoot anyone seen with a gun.

I'll be sure and let you know the next time I'm headed out of SW Florida and into the wild, wild areas of Madison county.

Hey! Just looked up those two counties and I do run through there a few times a year, usually on my way to Sturgis. Of course I'm open carrying both ways and I refuel in Live Oak and haven't been shot yet!

I'll report back in August and let you know how it goes this year.

AD