• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Concealed) Carry Beyond Guns and more

Custodian

Whether he realizes it or not, but the forum members and posters, bulldawg1964 - Workplace - Is a C&C required? & Tucker6900 - Carrying a sword? <Iowa forum> , inspired this post with his talk of a CCP.

Now, we don't have Concealed Carry Permits or even Concealed Weapon(s) Permits in the great state of North Carolina. We only have Concealed Handgun Permits.

I've always wondered why the NCCHP was limited to basically handguns. Anyone else?

That being said, I wonder:

A) How would the citizens of this state, find the political capital and move beyond simply firearms in general. It would take, literally an act of the general assembly, to legally concealing a fixed blades of any considerable length on their person off their own property, which for now is basically illegal (which is why you see from time to time people open carrying fixed blades in nifty, leather holsters).

B) And does anyone think that the Tarheel state would ever move or inch towards Constitutional Carry (open/concealed)? Or does this make too much money for the Sheriff offices, the mental health clinics, as well as those running the NCCHP classes, who are regulated by the state DOJ for this ever to be simply dropped?

Firearms Iinstuctor

I've always wondered why the NCCHP was limited to basically handguns. Anyone else?
QUOTE]

Most likely a compromise during the legislative process. The pro carry folks believe that weapons be allowed because if one can carry a effective weapon like a hand gun. Common sense says why not allow edge weapons and impact weapons.

The anti's don't want any weapons carried so when they see them selves losing. They say ok you can have hand guns but nothing else.

It is all about maintaining control and having some reason to arrest people.

So when the pro self defense people see that they can win and get passed a law that allows one to carry just hand guns they jump on it.

A win is a win common sense some times goes out the window.

McLintock

Kansas is the same way. So can you conceal any weapon expect a handgun? Could you conceal a crossbow and be legal?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Earlier I was reading of William Wallace's SWORD, 1.63 meters 5'4"long weighing almost three kilograms. Five feet long is a SWORD.
Over 287', displacing approx. 2,610 tons, and very concealable - newer models even moreso.

McLintock

People might mistake us for a ninja if we start carrying a sword on our backs[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk