• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry

FightingGlock19

imported post

okay, okay, I know it's not open carry, I've only done that twice. Anyway ...

Stopped to help two women change a flat tire on a US highway in Tennessee & a sheriff's deputy pulls in behind the wife's car & the car I was changing the tire on. Said deputy supervises me changing the tire. I debated letting the officer know I was CC, however I decided why turn a non-incident into anything more than what it was at the time.

Well, 10 minutes later & everybody was on their way, I'd never said anything to the deputy & he never said anything to me, so win-win :cool:

Sitrep

imported post

I don't know Tennessee law, but even if there is a requirement to identify, the officer didn't pull you over. Talking to Police is only a good idea when you need their help. As "Miranda" says 'anything you say can and will be used against you,' not may be used but will be used.

I think that both you and the officer handled the situation perfectly.