• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry

M

McX

the only No we like is the: we dont need NO steenkin permits............

Outdoorsman1

To Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman

THANK YOU for the most postive "Constitutional Carry" post I have read in a long time...

I totally agree that Constitutional Carry is the way of the future and am in fact a bit concerned that if a Conceal Carry bill passes it would delay or eliminate the chance of getting Constitutional Carry.

I am pro Constitutional Carry over anything else as it SEEMS to me to be the best of all worlds... Choice of OC or CC, no permits, no fees, etc.,

As I have said before, the only thing better would be Constitutional Carry with some form of Castle Doctrine or at least repeal or ammend current restictions on vehicle carry.

Outdoorsman1

paul@paul-fisher.com

Received this from the legislative assistant to Representative Nass. Who on here is represented by Mursau? Does he have 'our' suggested legislation?

Hi Paul,

Rep. Mursau has contacted our Republican Caucus and informed us that he will be authoring the Concealed Carry Bill. I will send the language of the bill to you once it is drafted and sent around for co-sponsorship. I am not sure how long it will be in the Legislative Reference Bureau queue to be drafted, but I will keep you informed of the timeline and when it will be sent to committee and the floor.

Snake161

Well chairmen, I understand what you are saying. But I don't want this to turn into a "told you so" moment. Lets see what unfolds from this the bill, and then all conjecture and speculation can be put aside. I would LOVE to be in a dream world that we are going to get constitutional carry. Take a look at our politicians track record, however, and then decide for yourself. Even the politicians we voted into office this last year aren't exactly listening to the people.

It simply seems that there have been other posts on this forum that speculate on what type of carry we may get, and I read them without seeing much if any negitive responses.

I will say, I most likely will not post on this forum for a long time now.
Not that it matters.

But I said what I have came to say and I will leave it at that.

However, I am still waiting for the moderator's apology.

CalicoJack10

Believe what you wish. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. All the conjecture in the world means nothing. And there seems to be a great deal of it on this forum. When something is presented as fact *as of the moment*, you choose to be skeptical. I, on the other hand, do not like conjecture, but facts. Take it for what you will.

This is quite an amazing statement from someone who refuses to provide any basis for fact in what they say other than the fact that they are the one saying it.

Smells like bull$hit to me.

M

McX

today is march 24th. i done elected and paid for, and still no talk of concealed anything zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

paul@paul-fisher.com

There seems to be more chatter in WI. I am starting to hear from a couple contacts (assistant to Representative Nass, assistant to Representative August, people I trust who have heard from reliable sources) that it is being worked on and words like 'Constitutional Carry' are being used. So.... I am cautiously hopeful that we will see something.

I'm not saying it will be perfect, but at least it will see the light of day and then we can start the discussion/amendment process.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
There seems to be more chatter in WI. I am starting to hear from a couple contacts (assistant to Representative Nass, assistant to Representative August, people I trust who have heard from reliable sources) that it is being worked on and words like 'Constitutional Carry' are being used. So.... I am cautiously hopeful that we will see something.

I'm not saying it will be perfect, but at least it will see the light of day and then we can start the discussion/amendment process.

This is something at least, I am moving across town to a different legislative district in a few weeks, I am already emailing my new Representative with Constitutional carry info. my new senator is dave Hansen of the 14 Runners, he is so 100% anti gun I won't even bother, Waste of my time. I have emailed him so many times in years past when I still lived in his district on CC I always got the same canned response.

hardballer

I haven't got much here but the blunt truth of it... If they chose any other than Constitutional Carry, the fix was in. Constitutional Carry is now being considered in several states and has recently been passed in other states.

Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.

The right we are fighting for is our natural right! This right did not come from our government or from man. It came from our heart, some say from God or some Higher Power. Not from the government! Government's job is to protect our rights, guard against the infringement of said rights and keep their noses out of our business in general.

The Declaration of Independence was about throwing off the shackles of tyranny. These men, our forefathers stood up and made noise. They pleaded, some even begged, still others cried out at the top of their lungs and to no avail. They did what they had to do.

If you want to know what tyranny feels like, it is when a "God Given Right" is turned into a privilege. Once it becomes a controlled privilege, it can be taken away at will. If you accept what ever they give you, because they have been trampling on your rights up to this point, you are getting nothing new. Just the same old tyranny with a little longer chain.

When the government requires one to first get a "PERMIT" to exercise one's right, it diminishes the right to a permission. In my book that is an infringement, a control that can in it's ultimate compass, include complete denial at the governments whim.

Our only goal and our loudest voice should be in recognizing our right to keep and bear arms! Just as Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming have recognized their citizens right, so must Wisconsin. To hear many here and elsewhere, I would think I was at a rehearsal of Oliver. Please Sir, may I have some more porridge? To give up the fight before the enemy has been engaged is ... well, I'll keep my opinion to my self.

Unrestricted, Constitutional Carry is the only acceptable law. It is fiscally responsible and Constitutionally correct. A state that does not allow law abiding citizens to fully exercise their 2nd Amendment right to bear arms without being infringed, is at odds with it's own State Constitution and the Constitution of the United States of America!

Wisconsin has an opportunity to become a leader, throwing off the shameful shackles of a liberal, Democrat dominated government. These onerous laws of Wisconsin are a clear cut denial of it's citizens most basic freedom and liberty!

A Shall-Issue law does not go nearly far enough in affirming the rights of Wisconsin Citizens. Anything less than Constitutional Carry is a slap in each and every one of our faces. This is more "us(We The People) vs them (overbearing government)" politics. These people are there because we put them there. If they are ignoring us (believe me, they hear us) step it up. We need to make our voices loud and many. Our neighbors, sons & daughters. A sound such that has not been heard since the Liberty Bell was last struck! Spread the word. Encourage your friends and relatives to write, call and email. Write or copy letters for them to sign and send off. Address the damm envelope if you have to, HeII, put a stamp on it.

I don't want porridge, Dammit! I want LIBERTY, I want FREEDOM!

Hardballer out!

Last edited: