• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry

Snake161

It seems as though the legislation will be a "shall issue" type of legislation. Its still early to declare it as such yet, but this is what's bouncing around. A background check and a fee and your able to carry. Not exactly what we wanted, but it's better than not having the right to carry at all.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
It seems our conservative ( smaller govt & less taxes ) legislators are not going to listen to the people that elected them , what I am also hearing is the Bill is already written as shall issue , they are just holding it in cue to be introduced in a few months. They are giving us the finger & telling us, JUST LIKE WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND **** !

Once this legislation get's introduced we have to get their attention somehow. Rally or a Lobby Day, something...or all is lost.

Last edited:

Mlutz

It seems our conservative ( smaller govt & less taxes ) legislators are not going to listen to the people that elected them , what I am also hearing is the Bill is already written as shall issue , they are just holding it in cue to be introduced in a few months. They are giving us the finger & telling us, JUST LIKE WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND **** !

Once this legislation get's introduced we have to get their attention somehow. Rally or a Lobby Day, something...or all is lost.

We could go camp out in the capitol? Court order? Huh? :D

protias

It seems as though the legislation will be a "shall issue" type of legislation. Its still early to declare it as such yet, but this is what's bouncing around. A background check and a fee and your able to carry. Not exactly what we wanted, but it's better than not having the right to carry at all.
What is your source? I talked with one of my reps' assistants and he said there was no bill even drafted as of this week.

anmut

You're going to need to post some data to back that up. Speculation only hurts the cause.

M

McX

some form of cc on a rainy day would sure help to keep the gun dry.

protias

Will a Shall Issue permit system rescind open carry rights?
It depends on how the bill is written. I would assume since we can OC now with no permit, that if a shall issue bill was passed and OC without a permit was in there, we could take it to court and win.

Snake161

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now. It could still change in the future. Yeah, apparently they don't really care what we have to say. They want to keep tabs on us, and by going in and doing the background check and paperwork, they will have access to more information and will know that we conceal carry. This is what the United States is all about these days; tracking and quantifying and keeping tabs on everybody in the country. Freedom? Right. I wish it wasn't true.

I like to consider myself a patriot that stays involved, but everyday, the gov. pushes back and says "No, you are not as free as you think. Sit back down".

I see no change to come anytime soon. Even people I have cast my vote for who claimed they love freedom and the constitution are spitting in my face and doing the same crap every other politician does.

The constitution and the deceleration of independence state that we have certain rights when a government becomes too big and unresponsive.

Perhaps it is time all citizens across the country who are tired of this invoke that right.

Sorry, rant mode.....

..........--Moderator Response--
Caution urged - OCDO does not tolerate other than lawful means to change laws.
No hint of violence or insurrection is acceptable here, under any circumstance.

HandyHamlet

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now.

Of course. And don't forget about the zombies...

'Zombies ahead,' warns electronic road sign in SC

(AP) – 1 hour ago

FORT MILL, S.C. (AP) — Drivers near the South Carolina-North Carolina state line have been warned to be on the lookout for zombies, hunters and tanks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...xq_5Bw?docId=ad46f182af854de1aeb222dd7d9da7cc

:monkey

Last edited:

apierce918

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now. It could still change in the future. Yeah, apparently they don't really care what we have to say. They want to keep tabs on us, and by going in and doing the background check and paperwork, they will have access to more information and will know that we conceal carry. This is what the United States is all about these days; tracking and quantifying and keeping tabs on everybody in the country. Freedom? Right. I wish it wasn't true.

I like to consider myself a patriot that stays involved, but everyday, the gov. pushes back and says "No, you are not as free as you think. Sit back down".

I see no change to come anytime soon. Even people I have cast my vote for who claimed they love freedom and the constitution are spitting in my face and doing the same crap every other politician does.

The constitution and the deceleration of independence state that we have certain rights when a government becomes too big and unresponsive.

Perhaps it is time all citizens across the country who are tired of this invoke that right.

Sorry, rant mode.....

why can't you reveal your source? that makes no sense

protias

Sorry, rant mode.....
Forgive me for being a "little" skeptical, but why can you not reveal your source?

CalicoJack10

Sorry, rant mode.....

I hate to be the person that has to point this out, but it seems to me as though this is a post that is fishing for some kind of anti-goverment movement talk. Largly based on the candid nature of the information offered and how quickly it turned into anti government and anti politician talk.

I served my country, and I love this nation as if it were my own family, and nothing in this world will change that. And for that reason I am concerned about this type of talk. If you don't like politicians, vote for someone who is not a politician. After all, political placements were not meant to be full time jobs. But to change a discussion on rights into a political statement that is clearly about over throwing the government is not the way to go about things.

Then again, that is just my opinion. :dude:

Motofixxer

I understand both sides of the discussion. I too am generally skeptical of the information until I can trust the source. But also knowing how some departments and agencies are run, the people "whistleblowing" have things to lose by releasing information. I value people willing to take that risk, and so if I receive info in that manner. I make every attempt to keep that source secret in respect to the source. Even though all the information is public, if the individual is found "releasing" info. It can make that individuals employment very difficult, or possibly end it. Regardless of how right or wrong it is. So keep that in mind as you make accusations of the source. Someone may have risked themselves to reveal that information. Remember there is always at least 2 sides to every situation.
I have no info regarding the OP statements, I'm "just sayin."

Outdoorsman1

I hate to be the person that has to point this out, but it seems to me as though this is a post that is fishing for some kind of anti-goverment movement talk. Largly based on the candid nature of the information offered and how quickly it turned into anti government and anti politician talk.

Exactly what I was thinking... anti government to the extreme...

Outdoorsman

--See Moderator comment on post #11--

jpm84092

I support constitutional carry in all 50 States. Having said that, if Wisconsin is stuck with a "shall issue" permit system that requires training to get the "permission slip", I will attend the classes necessary and then provide the course to WI Carry participants "for cost" or "pass the hat" as I would have to travel 3000 miles round trip to do the course.

CalicoJack10

I support constitutional carry in all 50 States. Having said that, if Wisconsin is stuck with a "shall issue" permit system that requires training to get the "permission slip", I will attend the classes necessary and then provide the course to WI Carry participants "for cost" or "pass the hat" as I would have to travel 3000 miles round trip to do the course.

You don't have to worry about that my friend, that's what I do for a living. Lol