• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Handgun License Insurance

Custodian

imported post

I just stumbled across this company that offers legal insurance (or financial protection plan) for CCW/CHL/CHP holders and all the other 3 & 4 letter combinations for those who have concealed carry permits. I haven't seen it before on this forum (or I haven't been looking close enough) and so here it is.

http://chlpp.com

I am very surprised there is nothing like this for open carry, but it is a start, especially for those in places like North Carolina where the laws are poorly worded, ambigious, some cities and townships think they are above state law by passing feel good ordinances which panders to gun grabbers. Also, this plan is good for us Carriers if you are forced to use Deadly Force in a Self-Defense situation.

Your thoughts forum?

Legba

imported post

Without having read the fine print, the intro says it assists with 'arraignment through the grand jury process' which is the least involved part ofthe legal mumbo-jumbo that a defendant is up against if arrested on a felony complaint (where they got this supposed $8,500 defendant's cost for an indictment I have no idea. My legal expenses were exactly zero through the indictment stage). Unless they're prepared to put up any bail as such, I wouldn't expect much.

-ljp

Prophet

imported post

if im actually going to buy insurance to protect against a rigged judicial system (because deep down, if you are in the right then you shouldnt have to go to trial if the system was fair or if you were in the wrong you should be guilty anyways) then they sure as hell better cover EVERYTHING. Thats like buying Fire insurance for your house and when it burns down the insurance company replaces your toaster.

tattedupboy

imported post

Why would people carrying guns need some kind of special insurance. Also, even though the program alleges that the insurance is for people who have CCW permits, I'm pretty sure that if it is legit, all gun owners would qualify. My guess is that there is the perception that if you have guns in the home, you are more likely to experience some kind of injury with them, and that is why this insurance is being offered. Whatever. I won't be getting it.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I know insurance companies too well. This is a form of preemptive risk mitigation. Because most states require training, background checks and so on, it reduces the risk of them defending against a gun possession charge (felony possession, misdemeanor DV's, and so on) on top of the self defense incident.

I'd want to see the details on the coverage contract first.