• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congrats texas on your new Open Carry

Glock 1st fan

My interest resides clearly in the "what are the coworkers of rogue officers doing to not be painted as evil police" camp.

Most are just doing what they are paid to do. When you consider how many 10s of thousands of law enforcement officers in various positions be it federal, local, county and state yet you hear of less then 100 seriously out of line like the South Carolina incident and then on a lesser scale some who don't physically harm or detain any one yet try to exert their authority I think its clear most officers nationwide are not bad officers.

The problem is you have cop trolling going on across the nation and they are intentionally trying to make officers act out then yes it paints both the officer and gun owners as careless and abusive.

I dont have a problem if I get checked a thousand times I show my I.D. and go on. You cant be arrested for doing nothing wrong so why worry about it. I have got to know great officers in various places through stops and some even love to go to the range with me now.

As far as fellow officers you get put in bad positions sometimes where you cant do anything. For example you roll up and 10 officers are beating a man (Example) how is one good officer going to go and not get his self hurt or shot trying to help the alleged criminal?

And then there is a lot of behind the scenes people dont see like good officers testifying against corrupt officers but you never hear about those cases.

Last edited:

kinggabby

Most are just doing what they are paid to do. When you consider how many 10s of thousands of law enforcement officers in various positions be it federal, local, county and state yet you hear of less then 100 seriously out of line like the South Carolina incident and then on a lesser scale some who don't physically harm or detain any one yet try to exert their authority I think its clear most officers nationwide are not bad officers.

The problem is you have cop trolling going on across the nation and they are intentionally trying to make officers act out then yes it paints both the officer and gun owners as careless and abusive.

I dont have a problem if I get checked a thousand times I show my I.D. and go on. You cant be arrested for doing nothing wrong so why worry about it. I have got to know great officers in various places through stops and some even love to go to the range with me now.

As far as fellow officers you get put in bad positions sometimes where you cant do anything. For example you roll up and 10 officers are beating a man (Example) how is one good officer going to go and not get his self hurt or shot trying to help the alleged criminal?

And then there is a lot of behind the scenes people dont see like good officers testifying against corrupt officers but you never hear about those cases.
Need a like button on here but until then.... beerlike.jpg

hovercat

Can't wait. Shopping for OC holsters now.

I see a section in the TX forum to show off fine holsters and firearms. Making a nicely tooled holster a fashion accessory/status symbol may not be practical, but it would do more to promote OC than appealing to the public's logical thought.

Rusty Young Man

I see a section in the TX forum to show off fine holsters and firearms. Making a nicely tooled holster a fashion accessory/status symbol may not be practical, but it would do more to promote OC than appealing to the public's logical thought.

While OCing with the family.:)

View attachment 12407

Backstory of the photo, which was taken with permission from the lovely family pictured:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...lebrate-with-Seconds-quot-post-rally-OC-lunch

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

You all may be pleased to note that this amendment was added before the bill was voted out of the house today... http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84R/amendments/faspdf/HB00910H33.PDF

Solus, I've thought about it long and hard, and I have just one thing to say to you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8&feature=youtu.be&t=31s

"Sec. 411.2049 CERTAIN INVESTIGATORY STOPS AND INQUIRIES PROHIBITED
A peace officer may not make an investigatory stop or other temporary detention to inquire as to whether a person possesses a handgun license solely because the person is carrying a partially or wholly visible handgun carried in a shoulder or belt holster."

Good, tragically-needed clarification.:):(:banghead:
Having the ruling of Terry v. Ohio be subtly :)rolleyes:) hinted at in the bill should help a lot if it were to become law and be "overlooked" by Opinion Enforcement Officers (look just like Law Enforcement Officers).

solus

"Sec. 411.2049 CERTAIN INVESTIGATORY STOPS AND INQUIRIES PROHIBITED
A peace officer may not make an investigatory stop or other temporary detention to inquire as to whether a person possesses a handgun license solely because the person is carrying a partially or wholly visible handgun carried in a shoulder or belt holster."

Good, tragically-needed clarification.:):(:banghead:
Having the ruling of Terry v. Ohio be subtly :)rolleyes:) hinted at in the bill should help a lot if it were to become law and be "overlooked" by Opinion Enforcement Officers (look just like Law Enforcement Officers).

so glad there is someone in the Texas legislature following this forum, especially since this subject was only brought up last night...and the individual(s) managed to get the amendment through so quickly...

ipse

stealthyeliminator

According to another OCT guy, this amendment was originally ruled non-germane and not allowed for discussion or vote last Friday. However, a mirror amendment introduced by a Democrat that would have explicitly allowed detentions for checking ID was allowed. The original author of the amendment explicitly prohibiting such stops challenged the ruling on his amendment, and the speaker agreed. However, for an amendment to pass on the 3rd reading of the bill, it requires 2/3rds majority. Therefore, some Democrat support was needed to add the amendment. Look at the name on the amendment. Rep. Rinaldi, who I guess was the original author, was able to work with Rep. Dutton to secure the needed Democrat votes for this amendment. Somewhat interesting turn of events.

Edit: It looks like the amendment had 133 yeas, only 10 nays. Also, what does it mean when it says "statement of vote" and there are a number of statements saying they were shown voting no but intended to vote yes? That mean really only 6 voted no? This have to do with that "ghost voting" thing where people vote for each other?

Last edited:

OC for ME

I don't have a problem if I get checked a thousand times I show my I.D. and go on. You cant be arrested for doing nothing wrong so why worry about it. I have got to know great officers in various places through stops and some even love to go to the range with me now.

And then there is a lot of behind the scenes people don't see like good officers testifying against corrupt officers but you never hear about those cases.
You clearly do not believe you are harmed if asked to provide ID thousands of times. If the cop demands your ID is he doing so in accordance with the law?

You most certainly can be arrested for "doing nothing wrong" this has been documented many times even to members of OCDO, and posted here on OCDO many time.

A cop who witnesses what he reasonably believes is a violation of law being perpetrated by a fellow cop should arrest that cop as soon as the scene is secure. Barring this act that cop should be a good witness and swear out criminal charges. There is a video of a FL trooper arresting a off duty local cop for reckless speeding and she caught holy heck for daring to do her job.

No, cops will not police their own.

Cite please. You claim that this behind the scenes stuff happens a lot.

Glock 1st fan

Chief Art Acevedo 's tears are so dang sweet!

So true. He is a disgrace to public service everywhere. In a time when shrinking budgets are restricting departments resulting in fewer officers and non sense like the missouri governors lavk of action is getting more officers hurt, frustrated and causing mass resignations we have to increasingly take more charge of our own safety.

When we look at ferguson we see the police playing by the rules their idiotic leaders placed on them being attacked yet the few property owners who stood their ground armed were left virtually unscathed and their businsses survived the ordeal.