• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Bill Filed in Ky. Senate

Ghost1958

A anti gun demorat trying to kill it or delay the vote.

Hopefully it fails.

I and everyone I know have already written and or called our reps demanding the pass the Senate version unaltered or kill the bill entirely.

With those amendments it simply becomes a 2nd permit that isn't even good out of state. Worse infringement than the ccdw is.

gutshot II

The constitutional carry bill, SB 150, will be heard in the House Judiciary Committee tomorrow. The meeting will start at 12 noon in Room #171 of the Capitol Annex. There are six other bills on the schedule. If they cannot finish all 7 bills by the time the floor session starts at 2 pm, they will break and then reconvene after the house finishes its business for the day. It could be very late. I do not know which bills will go first.

Ghost1958

Spoke to my house rep today along with others also calling her.

Urged her to support the bill if it is NOT amended. It any amendments are adopted however for her to vote and work to kill the bill.

Last I heard this bill will be one of the very last ones.

gutshot II

SB 150 passed the House Judicial Committee today and will move on to a vote on the Full House floor Tomorrow or, more likely Friday. Ky. is just one vote away from becoming the next constitutional carry state.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

OK governor to sign bill today at 430.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt will hold a ceremony Wednesday to sign the "Constitutional Carry" bill, which will allow Oklahomans to carry a gun without a permit or training.
Stitt said he will sign House Bill 2597 at the Oklahoma Capitol around 4:30 p.m. after it passed the Senate by a 40-6 vote.

What is KY waiting for, you guys are lagging behind. LOL

Ghost1958

SB 150 passed the House Judicial Committee today and will move on to a vote on the Full House floor Tomorrow or, more likely Friday. Ky. is just one vote away from becoming the next constitutional carry state.

Nevermind .

Last edited:

LEX_XDM40compact

Bill is now dead.

Added proposed the following ;

Amend KRS 213.046 to require that a handgun be provided to each parent and child upon the registry and certification of a live birth.
Amend KRS 402.100 to require that county clerks provide handguns to each party named on any application for a marriage license.
Amend KRS 199.570 to require the Cabinet for Health and Family Services to provide a handgun to each adoptive parent and the adopted child when a new birth certificate is issued.
Amend KRS 186.490 to require that handguns be provided to any person acquiring a commercial driver's license or an operator's license.
Create a new section of KRS Chapter 335B to require that a handgun be provided to each person who is granted a professional license from the state.
Amend KRS 382.110 to require county clerks to provide handguns to each signatory to a recorded mortgage or deed.
Delete all sections of the bill in its entirety.
Amend to require persons who carry concealed deadly weapons without a license to obtain liability insurance in the amount of $500,000.

Obviously it will not go anywhere with these in it.

Last edited:

Ghost1958

After reading the Amendments, if they are adopted into the bill, pray this bill dies.

The Senate version was fine.
The House if it adopts any of the 5 amendments to the bill then we are way better off if it dies.

gutshot II

They are just "proposed". You can't just tack things onto another persons bill without a vote. There are some people that post without knowing much about the subject that they are posting about.

garyh9900

I incorrectly stated "added" when I meant "proposed" I am aware on how everything works in our state and how a bill passes. It was 1AM. I do believe the bill will be dead based on any of the added Amendments as The bill should have not been amended in the first place thus will give lacks of votes. I HOPE it still is passed without said proposed changes, But I personally think it wont. You being eyes and ears on the ground of course will know more so we all eagerly await your reports
The bill has passed and is being sent to the governor for signature.