• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry' gun bill!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/26/oklahoma-house-passes-constitutional-carry-gun-bill.html
"The Oklahoma House of Representatives on Wednesday passed what has been dubbed as the ‘Constitutional Carry’ gun bill in a 59-28 vote.

The bill would allow all law-abiding Oklahomans to carry a loaded, concealed handgun without a permit, permitting handgun owners in the state to carry their weapon in most public places. However, some areas where firearms are already prohibited by law -- such as the ones listed here -- are still exempt."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have to ask/wonder if visitors from other states would also be able to CC or OC w/o a permit.

Inquiring minds want to know.

hammer6

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/26/oklahoma-house-passes-constitutional-carry-gun-bill.html
"The Oklahoma House of Representatives on Wednesday passed what has been dubbed as the ‘Constitutional Carry’ gun bill in a 59-28 vote.

The bill would allow all law-abiding Oklahomans to carry a loaded, concealed handgun without a permit, permitting handgun owners in the state to carry their weapon in most public places. However, some areas where firearms are already prohibited by law -- such as the ones listed here -- are still exempt."

nothing screams corruption more than having the word's "constitutional carry" and "are still exempt" in the same bill.

WinchesterModel12

Call the Governor and ask her to sign SB1212

Request others to call the Governor! Ask others to VOTE!
Copy/ Paste the message below, everywhere:
Call the Governor’s office and politely request she “Sign SB1212 into Law” This is a Tally Vote. Go VOTE! 405-521-2342 Press ( 2 ).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[strike]May we presume that the votes are not there to override her veto?[/strike]

Hoorah! Oklahoma does go Constitutional Carry!

"OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has voted to override Gov. Mary Fallin's veto of a House bill dealing with federal gun regulations."

"The Senate voted 39-0 Thursday to override. The House voted 86-3 on April 30 for the veto override and the bill now becomes law without the governor's signature."

http://www.news9.com/story/25465260/oklahoma-senate-votes-to-override-governors-veto

Last edited:

gutshot II

[strike]May we presume that the votes are not there to override her veto?[/strike]

Hoorah! Oklahoma does go Constitutional Carry!

"OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has voted to override Gov. Mary Fallin's veto of a House bill dealing with federal gun regulations."

"The Senate voted 39-0 Thursday to override. The House voted 86-3 on April 30 for the veto override and the bill now becomes law without the governor's signature."

http://www.news9.com/story/25465260/oklahoma-senate-votes-to-override-governors-veto

I don't see anything about constitutional carry in the linked story. It only mentions a bill "dealing with federal gun regulations". Very strange to have an almost unanimous override vote on a bill that could only draw a 2-1 majority vote originally.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Firearms Iinstuctor

The governor veto the bills

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3654637/posts

Oklahoma's Republican Gov. Mary Fallin on Friday vetoed a bill supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA) that would have allowed state residents to carry a firearm without a permit or training.

"I believe the firearms laws we currently have in place are effective, appropriate and minimal," Fallin said in announcing her veto of Senate Bill 1212, which would have removed the requirement for Oklahoma residents to complete a training course and demonstrate competency with a firearm before carrying in public.

The governor argued that the bill would have taken away the ability of the state's law enforcement personnel to distinguish between someone trained to use a firearm and someone who is not.

"Oklahoma is a state that respects the Second Amendment. As governor, I have signed both concealed-carry and open-carry legislation. I support the right to bear arms and own a pistol, a rifle, and a shotgun," Fallin said in her statement

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Oklahoma Constitution says:
§ 26. Bearing arms - Carrying weapons.
The right of a citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power, when thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited; but nothing herein contained shall prevent the Legislature from regulating the carrying of weapons.

Oklahoma was a slave territory. Seventeen thousand Cherokees had 2,000 black slaves.
Oklahoma didn’t become a state until November 1907. Jim Crow laws existed until 1965.

So, the first half of the amendment to bear arms makes clear that it is a right, but the second half of the amendment says for some it will be a privilege.

After the fourteenth amendment the state figured they could regulate everybody.

hammer6

Oklahoma Constitution says:

Oklahoma was a slave territory. Seventeen thousand Cherokees had 2,000 black slaves.
Oklahoma didn’t become a state until November 1907. Jim Crow laws existed until 1965.

So, the first half of the amendment to bear arms makes clear that it is a right, but the second half of the amendment says for some it will be a privilege.

After the fourteenth amendment the state figured they could regulate everybody.

please tell me more on this i'm intrigued.

Arin Morris

I heard on the radio that they plan on reintroducing the bill first thing next session. However, since we will have a new governor by then, I would presume this would weigh heavily on the outcome of the election.