• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional carry passes legislature, veto expected from Demonrat

KBCraig

NH has 362 state legislators?

I think I see the problem. Or, one of them anyway.

NH has 400 state representatives, and 24 state senators.

That's not a bug, it's a feature. We have the most representative legislature in the world, with one rep for roughly every 3,300 residents. They make $100 per year to serve.

I have my state rep among my Facebook friends, on my phone contacts list, and bumped into him at the local convenience store yesterday. That's how it should be, not like the professional politicians in most state houses.

optiksguy

NH has 400 state representatives, and 24 state senators.

That's not a bug, it's a feature. We have the most representative legislature in the world, with one rep for roughly every 3,300 residents. They make $100 per year to serve.

I have my state rep among my Facebook friends, on my phone contacts list, and bumped into him at the local convenience store yesterday. That's how it should be, not like the professional politicians in most state houses.

+1

Absolutely. I think the size of the US House of Representatives should be much larger (coupled with a large cut in pay and term limits as well).

fjpro2a

Suggestion

I just sent an email to the Governor of NH asking her to reconsider her position on "constitutional carry." If any of you also do that, please remind her that Vermont (next door) has had CC for decades, and nothing negative has happened there.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I hear a veto override vote may be coming up on the 16th?

From first posted link: New Hampshire House of Representatives passed NRA-backed Right-to-Carry reform legislation by a 212-150 vote. [original bill passage vote]

That would be slightly short of the need to over-ride the veto, yes? Catch any switchers to get over the hump?

Last edited:

KBCraig

From first posted link: New Hampshire House of Representatives passed NRA-backed Right-to-Carry reform legislation by a 212-150 vote. [original bill passage vote]

That would be slightly short of the need to over-ride the veto, yes? Catch any switchers to get over the hump?

The House voted to override. The Senate did not, voting 14-10 along party lines in favor of overturning.