• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry stature up on the LRC website

Ghost1958

Where are all the blood in the street reports. Dang it has been a couple of days now thought there would be hundreds of bodies laying around.

/s/

Lol. To be honest I didn't hear that particular anti gun phrase,tossed around much before the law requiring a permit was voted on.

OC was,legal since statehood ,the legislature given no authority to regulate it by the ky, state constitution.

Andrew Jackson's observation that "I have never in my life seen a Kentuckian who didn't have a gun, a pack of cards, and a jug of whiskey." is pretty much on the mark even today. Not so much about cards, or "jug" of whiskey" ,but certainly about carrying a gun. So such a claim the few antis we have knew,would ring hollow.

The legislature simply did away with a permit scheme they never had the constitutional authority to create in the first place. Kentuckians had carried both open and concealed since state hood regardless.

There was no claim the antis could make here because everybody knew that most kentuckians carried a gun already.

gutshot II

Where are all the blood in the street reports. Dang it has been a couple of days now thought there would be hundreds of bodies laying around.
/s/

Yes, you are right. The bodies should be stacking up by now. That phrase was everywhere in 1996 when licensed CC was first proposed in Ky. and has been resurrected for several other pro gun bills over the years. It was used in all of the major newspapers and on radio and TV news reports in 1996. The only way to avoid it was to not be listening or only talking to people that were in favor of the bill. We really expected to hear it again. There was none of that on this bill. I think they knew that if they used it again it would be shown how wrong they were before and they had no response for that. For constitutional carry, the biggest objection was the absence of any training requirement. One was as phony as the other. The people that were savaging the constitutional carry bill for lack of training were the same people that had complained for years that the training required for a CC license was insufficient, useless and should be greatly expanded. Well, if that is true then why require it for anything else? The opposition knew they couldn't stop the bill in the Senate and saved their biggest opposition for the House, and that required a lot of work and persuasion to overcome.
Two weeks ago an old lady berated me over a shooting that had occurred in Louisville. "This is the result of that new concealed carry bill that you wanted", she said. I told her that the law hadn't taken effect yet, but that did make any difference to her. Logic and good sense are useless with these people. They believe what they believe because they believe it. We will never convince them of anything. All we can do is expose their nonsense for what it is for other people to see. Thankfully, here in Ky., we have a lot of people that do think with logic and good sense.

Firearms Iinstuctor

We heard it here in Wis. when trying to legalize hand gun hunting in the 70's.

Gun fights on main street and in the bars.

As far as I know there hasn't been any.