• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Economics

HP995

NRA Annual Membership: $45 (if undiscounted) 🥶
Supports: NFA, ERPO and Bump Ban with fun Backtrack/Denial + Kewl Bling! 🥶

GOA Annual Membership: $20 😍
Supports: Constitutional Carry, Suppressors, Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinances 😍

Half the price. Compare the stances! Can we get fellow gun owners to be smart and switch? 🇺🇲

FreedomVA

questions are, where will they stand on the issues, lets say 20 years from now.

Like i always said, everything start out with good intention, then when the greedy benefits are seen, corruptions start.
Grassroots movement is where i'll invest my $$

solus

Alas, HP995...you forget a portion [unknown] of membership besides going to the ILA group goes to support the NRA’s training section which supports LE, military, and citizen’s firearm training, all disciplines; range development activities; BSA’s er, uh, Scouts shooting sports activities; other activities and the firearm museum ~ absolutely outstanding collection and FREE & open to the public.

Now ILA was created in the early 70’s as a separate corp of the whole and they advertise like mad and ‘spearhead’ the political nonsenses you mentioned.

So freedomVA...NC’s grassroots president publicly announced on this very forum his group ONLY promoted sane, sober, concealed carry for citizens. Additionally, $30/annum dues and members had no insight, even if point plank asked, into the organizational activities or where their dues went...by rough calculations [guess] it was presumed the group was bringing in three quarters to one million/annum with allegedly no political campaign contributions being made...

FreedomVA

Alas, HP995...you forget a portion [unknown] of membership besides going to the ILA group goes to support the NRA’s training section which supports LE, military, and citizen’s firearm training, all disciplines; range development activities; BSA’s er, uh, Scouts shooting sports activities; other activities and the firearm museum ~ absolutely outstanding collection and FREE & open to the public.

Now ILA was created in the early 70’s as a separate corp of the whole and they advertise like mad and ‘spearhead’ the political nonsenses you mentioned.

So freedomVA...NC’s grassroots president publicly announced on this very forum his group ONLY promoted sane, sober, concealed carry for citizens. Additionally, $30/annum dues and members had no insight, even if point plank asked, into the organizational activities or where their dues went...by rough calculations [guess] it was presumed the group was bringing in three quarters to one million/annum with allegedly no political campaign contributions being made...

gotta go with your gut and do diligence research before making the investment, exposed the fraud and support the geniune

Ghost1958

i believe NRA was more pro 2A when they first established.

Absolutely not. They were a "sportsman club " hunters etc.
No interest in the RTKABA beyond that.
They supported both NFA and GCA and insisted on NICS.

A board takeover several years ago made them more pro RTKABA than before but they remain a weak kneed org on the rtkaba to this moment.

FreedomVA

what sportsman doesn't want to fight for their RTKABA? You tell a hunter you are taking away their hunting rifle and see what happens.

Ghost1958

what sportsman doesn't want to fight for their RTKABA? You tell a hunter you are taking away their hunting rifle and see what happens.

OK. Now tell him they are taking away your Glock 17 or AR 15 and see what happens.

Hell tell you you don't NEED those to hunt with and be fine with your losing them.

FreedomVA

can you dig up some articles of when the NRA was not pro 2A? i like to read some or any NRA members opinion to that matter.

solus

Absolutely not. They were a "sportsman club " hunters etc.
No interest in the RTKABA beyond that.
They supported both NFA and GCA and insisted on NICS.

A board takeover several years ago made them more pro RTKABA than before but they remain a weak kneed org on the rtkaba to this moment.

Well....

Actually here is their history... https://home.nra.org/about-the-nra/

With a caveat on formation of ILA...there was a bloodless coup and the board was unceremoniously replaced enmasse in a marathon board meeting, and ILA became a political child.

HP995

can you dig up some articles of when the NRA was not pro 2A? i like to read some or any NRA members opinion to that matter.

I love it when the question FOLLOWS the answer! ;)

Many have been posted on OCDO - articles about NRA and opinions of NRA members which include myself and a number of others. I did anticipate such questions for this thread, so I included one link as an easy sample. However, the new forum auto grabs some info from the linked site, which is very nice technically but which can be confusing when the site's own advertising gets involved and injects a bunch of other PR text around the link.

So here it is again - don't trust the forum link previews too much - sometimes you have to actually click the link with your finger and see the linked info with your own eyes! 👀 🖱

That's one example from the horse's er, big fat mouth! 😁 There are others that have been posted previously here, and I will add a bit more if I have time. I encourage any pro or con examples!

HP995

Continuing, NRA's statements and actions...

So on the Bump Ban we have: "the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations." - NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox, Joint Statement linked above

On ERPO we have: "we need to stop dangerous people before they act. So Congress should provide funding for states to adopt Risk Protection Orders. This can help prevent violent behavior before it turns into a tragedy. These laws allow a court to intervene and temporarily remove firearms when a person threatens violence to themselves or others. To be effective and Constitutional they should have strong due process protections and require the person get treatment." - NRA's Chris Cox, Video recently linked

(Since he made that statement, I think the # of ERPO states has about tripled. ERPO happened, due process did not. Feel free to verify and post links. NRA has tried to backtrack and published a long explanation, but the damage is done and real life has no "undo" button. If you try to somehow fight on both sides of the same issue and the good side loses, your questionable strategy fails big-time, you need to honestly own up to what you did and why it failed.)

Notice these statements are made by NRA's own top leaders, not some obscure NRA-ILA staff. These orgs are not as strictly separated as some would suppose. NRA says about its own membership (notice how all my quotes are directly from them?) "Help NRA Fight for the Values, Freedoms and Beliefs that Make Our Country Great. Renew Today!" and "The most important benefit of NRA membership is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms." - NRA membership pages

But it gets worse! NRA has the distinction of working hard to get gun control started in the first place.

"I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses" - NRA's President Karl T. Frederick, 1934 (via KABA which you can feel free to double-check for me; I'd appreciate that.)

I don't want to spam the same links over and over (especially the way the forum blows each link up into a preview) so I've pasted them here discreetly, but please don't be lazy, if you want to know, click and have a look! The info is no secret. This is not raspy voice stuff. It's all quotes from NRA leaders themselves. There's probably a lot more, feel free to post, but we seem to have two options - reforming the NRA or boosting another org to fill its place.