• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops want U to give DNA, but not THEM

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Would he have refused if they asked "Pretty please"?

As much as I see the intrusiveness and possible negative consequences of the plan it does make a lot of sense.

And the fact that it makes sense scares me.

stay safe.

rickyII

No cop DNA? Hmm...if you have nothing to hide why not provide a example?

I know you have committed the Second Amendment to memory and are willing to defend it to the death, as I have and I am, but please read the Fourth Amendment. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

There is no reasonable suspicion of that police officer's commission of a crime. He has no obligation to provide a DNA sample, nor does the government have any authority to ask for, or demand it.
"If you have nothing to hide" just doesn't cut it with me.
If you have a suspicion, put me into custody and charge me.
If not, let me go about my business.

Last edited:

Bernymac

No cop DNA? Hmm...if you have nothing to hide why not provide a example?

I know you have committed the Second Amendment to memory and are willing to defend it to the death, as I have and I am, but please read the Fourth Amendment. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

There is no reasonable suspicion of that police officer's commission of a crime. He has no obligation to provide a DNA sample, nor does the government have any authority to ask for, or demand it.

Methinks you are new 'round these here parts?!?! :lol:

rickyII

At the newbie; cops as cops surrender their rights in exchange for delegated powers. They demand pre-emption of our citizens' rights in an encounter, here the shoe is on the other foot. Provide exclusionary DNA or be dismissed.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, what you are saying is that cops give up their Constitutional rights when they accept the job?
Where is THAT in the Constitution?

OC for ME

I know you have committed the Second Amendment to memory ....
Condition of employment. If his DNA is "exposed" then he can sue the cops just like you or I when the cops screw us over. Nope, he is worried about his "privacy" where there is no indication that his privacy would be violated after providing a DNA sample. So, this nitwit gets his union involved...right there, he wins. If he ain't got nothing to hide why is he worried about giving a DNA sample, or maybe he knows that the sample would be exposed without his consent. Either way, he is just another "good for me and not for thee" kind of cop.

Methinks you are new 'round these here parts?!?! :lol:
Me thinks you are not able to read the King's Engrish.

rickyII

So OCDO is only open to those that share the same opinions.
Those with any opposing opinion will be ridiculed, belittled and insulted, but not debated intelligently.
Have it your way folks.

OC for ME

Gun owners are not a recognized protected class, thus we are fair game for bashing...ask any given cop and my assertion may be confirmed, especially in the more liberal leaning states, such as NY ect.

davidmcbeth

Banned
So OCDO is only open to those that share the same opinions.
Those with any opposing opinion will be ridiculed, belittled and insulted, but not debated intelligently.
Have it your way folks.

RickyII is correct in his analysis .. while it is an employer-employee relationship, its still the government involved. 4th amendment should prevail.

Just like when we get arrested (not convicted and the DNA is not needed to examine the current charge) DNA samples are being taken.

Yet we are force-ably required to provide and gov't officials get a nice paycheck for refusal.

twoskinsonemanns

Trust me we are very sensitive to the 4th. I believe we've gotten so used to recognizing each other's sarcasm it could go unnoticed to new comers.