• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cordially inviting all WI people to first Illinois OC Event!!!

SAK

imported post

Our first OC event on the calendar for Illinois is May 22, 2010.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum21/43711.html

I was in the Bullet Stop today (starting to feel like my second home) http://www.bulletstopguns.com and http://www.gunmanjim.com and the owner extended a very nice welcome to us to come out and have an event on his property.

He has a cool military show coming up, Saturday May 22 starting at 10:00 AM. Now, he said we could join him at this show or we could always do another weekend. I figured we may as well take advantage of the extra people that will be there and make it one big event!!!

Joe Franzese beat me to having the first confirmed OC event, but I'm not far behind. This one is now CONFIRMED as I just got off the phone with him. He does not have a problem with open carry at the show.

What: Military firearms, vehicles, uniforms, cool stuff show. OPEN CARRY gathering to support a local cause (blood drive or food drive to be announced)

When: Saturday May 22nd 10:00 AM to unknown

Where: Bullet Stop Gun Shop in Loves Park, IL (basically Rockford)

2100 Harlem Road, Loves Park, IL‎

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bullet+stop+gun+shop&fb=1&gl=us&hq=bullet+stop+gun+shop&hnear=Illinois&cid=0,0,3359344856606462035&ei=uVLjS46jDYz2Nd231aID&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQnwIwAA

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME OPEN CARRY IN ILLINOIS?!?!?!

For more info and to keep updated check this thread out: http://www.icarry.org/ftopict-3011.html

SAK

imported post

Anyone know that they can come? I'll post more details as they're available.

We know who we will be benefiting: Rock River Valley Food Pantry - 100% local charity. All contributions are tax deductible.

I'm hoping a lot of seasoned OCers can be there for a few reasons: 1) there will be new OCers there so the more people to help the better and 2) it's very encouraging for cross-border events like the one in Beloit, WI we had where half of the people were from Illinois. We're softening up the border here so that both states can "go green" quicker ;)

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would LOVE to come and show my support, BUT:

We accepted a table at a Bob & Rocco gun show in Eagle River, WI for that weekend, and I will be at the show literally UP NORTH.

I was incorrect on the date. On the 21, 22nd, I have to be at a gun show in Wisconsin Rapids.

Good luck to all and hope you have a large turnout for your event.

SAK

imported post

I sent out an email about this today and am sending another email about the La Crosse event tonight as well.

There's a lot of promotion going on for this Rockford event, so I'm anticipating a REALLY good turnout.

It's free to buy/sell/trade there - so anyone is welcome to bring stuff (check laws if you are crossing state lines...). Free food, cool military stuff, all sorts of fun.

Harlem Road in Loves Park. Just look for the big ICarry banners and the huge mob of people open carrying - you won't miss it ;)

Cobra469

imported post

Wouldn't we need a permit of some sort to OC in IL? Not sure of the local laws for IL so I figured I would ask rather than buy myself a nice court date. If anybody can post the IL laws that pertain to OC I would appreciate it.

AaronS

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Wouldn't we need a permit of some sort to OC in IL? Not sure of the local laws for IL so I figured I would ask rather than buy myself a nice court date. If anybody can post the IL laws that pertain to OC I would appreciate it.

I was under the impression that if you get caught with a gun on your hip in IL. you will get a nice ride to the local police station.?

I thought that in IL. one needed to hide, or conceal the firearm... Unloaded... I also thought that you need a FOID card to carry at all. Am I wrong on this?

M

McX

imported post

dang, it sounds like one hell of an event! i'd like to go, but i'd get out of work on sat, at 3 pm, it would be all over by the time i got there. the venue realy attracted the interest of my kids too! if i could have, i'd come unarmed if necessary, to show support. maybe i can go to the next sunday event planned down there, to show my support for our brothers 'south of the border'

SAK

imported post

You will probably want to have it unloaded and in a container (any soft case or hard case is fine - doesn't matter what type of container you use). It could be a purse, backpack, whatever. Just have the gun unloaded and in something.

The safest bet is to carry it all the way onto the property (grassy area) and then holster up there. That way there's no worry about property lines and such. Law enforcement will be giving us breathing room since it's a gun event at a gun shop, but if you want to be 100% safe and compliant with the administrative statutes :quirky then carry all the way onto the property unloaded and enclosed in a case and then holster up.

We can find a place to store cases for OCers and when it's over you can get your case.

More info on the Illinois thread too: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum21/43711.html

SAK

imported post

It looks like this event will be WELL attended - a lot of groups and people have been invited, and the word is out.

Anyone from WI going to join us on this historic occasion?