• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

D.C. Circuit Court overturns the ban on carring a firearm outside the home in D.C.

No doubt this will head to the Supreme Court but as of now the antis in D.C. have been slapped down. The way I read it OC and CCW are both legal in D.C. for the moment. But the poo poo probably doesn't know or care. PDF of the decision below.

http://tinyurl.com/lgr27yw

Last edited:

Redbaron007

DC has requested a Stay for 180 days to either appeal or write permit laws.

We will see if they get their wish; more than likely, they will.

Baked on Grease

DC has requested a Stay for 180 days to either appeal or write permit laws.

We will see if they get their wish; more than likely, they will.
And if they get it then a true travesty will have occurred. They are asking permission to continue enforcing an unconstitutional law for another 6 months. .. am I the only one that sees a grave injustice in that and a true betrayal of our Founding Principles?

OC for ME

“Given the complexity of the issue, it will require a significant amount of retraining because the mind-set of officers has to change for how we have to deal with that,” Burton said.
Complexity? What the hell is complex about a citizen can carry a pistol...it is a right after all. This right here is the prototypical cop mindset.

It is the mindset of the cop that creates the abuses not their lack of knowing the law. Cops know the law and lie about knowing the law when they get caught abusing citizens due to their mindset. This is a mindset that is trained into cops. Cops are not born being anti-liberty. Cops are trained to be anti-liberty.