• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Ridley stopped by Police in Manchester for Open carrying; ID Demand refused

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is an old one Mike. A few seconds after the video starts, an Aug 2007 date appears.

Not that its not appropriate. I'm speaking to the comment that its sad this sort ofthing hasn't been cleared up yet.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Citizen wrote:
This is an old one Mike. A few seconds after the video starts, an Aug 2007 date appears.

Not that its not appropriate. I'm speaking to the comment that its sad this sort ofthing hasn't been cleared up yet.
I wonder why the video is dated DEC 2008?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I wonder why the video is dated DEC 2008?

Dunno.

The blogger seems to be holding Ridley up as a shining example of activism. (He is, if you ask me.) The blogger also says something like, "If you haven't seen this video..." Perhaps its an incomplete way of saying its been around a while, but if you haven't seen it, you should.

Either way, its worth viewing again. Ridley does a good job handling the police.

no carry permit ?

imported post

Dave has had a few encounters over open carry, there is another one posted on Ytube. The best of Ridley in my opinion is the one where postal employees go crazy when he attempts to collect signatures on a petition calling for cuts in government spending, WHILE ON POSTAL PRROPERTY. Although that is legal according to the US Supreme Court, they apparently disagree. It is on Ytube and worth a watch.

In another petition signing event the police are called on him TWICE. Also pretty funny to watch. They tell him to turn off the camera and he refuses.

mkl

imported post

All of Dave's videos are available at http://ridleyreport.com/ . He frequently has pro-OC videos, such as NH residents doing trash pick up while carrying, as well as when he or others encounters problem while OCing.

In addition to OC he covers various other liberty oriented subjects. I always find him interesting, informative and thought provoking. Worth checking out and browsing some of his videos if you haven't.