• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
While you have every right to not spend one RED cent at this establishment, your hateful post raises RED flags to some who read this very public forum.

Please respect ALL the rights of ALL the people. These are trying times for both pro and con firearm minded citizens.

Point taken. Perhaps Starbucks should construct a separate entrance, water fountains, and bathrooms for "these types" of people. And make sure "those types" of people are seated in the back of the store, where the bed-wetting sheeple can't see their evil killing machines, too. Feel better, Doug?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Point taken. Perhaps Starbucks should construct a separate entrance, water fountains, and bathrooms for "these types" of people. And make sure "those types" of people are seated in the back of the store, too. Feel better, Doug?

Well said! We LAC's should know our places, correct? :(

MKEgal

Logan 5 said:
before expressing hatred towards them like little children, ask them "why?"
The letter from the CEO explains why. The anti-rights people kept pushing, we kept coming back, and they got tired of it. Instead of standing up to the people causing problems (the anti-rights folks) they tell us to keep out. I think it's because we're easier to ID, just like blacks could easily be discriminated against.

And ask the manager at the local Starbucks that you guys regularly met at if you guys could keep meeting there and if so, under what terms.
The directive from the CEO sets forth the terms - agree not to exercise your right to self-defense.
Much as the Delavan staff have enjoyed our group meetings, I can't imagine they'll go against what their CEO directs.

If you'd like to (politely!) express your regrets that we won't be returning:
1741 E Geneva St.
Delavan, WI
53115-2050
262-740-0223

Here's my letter, which I'll mail this afternoon. Feel free to borrow ideas, but please do not copy & paste & put your name on it. Make it personal. Chain letters don't help.

Due to the newly-announced corporate policy banning lawfully-armed citizens from Starbuck's stores, I will no longer be coming to our monthly open carry meet & greet event. You just looked at my return address. Yes, I drove down from Milwaukee to attend the get-together.

This new policy is disappointing. We have been meeting there nearly 3 years, and other than 1 customer making some rude remarks I don't remember any problems. Certainly there were none caused by our people.

So I thank you for your hospitality over the years and wish your staff well.

The company, however... well, I'm thinking some very rude thoughts about your CEO. Starbuck's won't get any more of my money.

Last edited:

Franky

I cannot beleive some of the hatred I hear. Ok, you're a customer and the business changed it's policies. Well, before expressing hatred towards them like little children, ask them "why?" And ask the manager at the local Starbucks that you guys regularly met at if you guys could keep meeting there and if so, under what terms. You might be surprised. The manager just might say yes. You'll never know.

The way a few of you react, I'm inclined to think that you're either too immature to know how to safely use a firearm or perhaps really anti-gunners coming here to give this fine group a bad reputation.

Nice post by a responsible and well adjusted individual. Just my opinion.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
I cannot beleive some of the hatred I hear. Ok, you're a customer and the business changed it's policies. Well, before expressing hatred towards them like little children, ask them "why?" And ask the manager at the local Starbucks that you guys regularly met at if you guys could keep meeting there and if so, under what terms. You might be surprised. The manager just might say yes. You'll never know.

The way a few of you react, I'm inclined to think that you're either too immature to know how to safely use a firearm or perhaps really anti-gunners coming here to give this fine group a bad reputation.

Corporate policy. Your "manager" can't do jack.

MKEgal

Someone on the WI Carry FB page says that he's talked with the manager of the Delavan SBX, & we're invited guests.
They like us, they want us back.
In fact, the district manager will apparently be there Sunday (I don't know if that's the 29th or the 6th; you're welcome to call them & ask) and is quite willing to chat with anyone who wants to chat.

If I thought it would be anything other than a bunch of weaseling around the new corporate policy, I might hitch a ride w/ someone & go listen, but I have no hope that the mistake will be corrected so it's really a waste of time.

It would make a point to go down a couple doors & buy a Subway sandwich & drink, then sit on the SBX porch to chat with the DM.

Franky

Someone on the WI Carry FB page says that he's talked with the manager of the Delavan SBX, & we're invited guests.
They like us, they want us back.
In fact, the district manager will apparently be there Sunday (I don't know if that's the 29th or the 6th; you're welcome to call them & ask) and is quite willing to chat with anyone who wants to chat.

If I thought it would be anything other than a bunch of weaseling around the new corporate policy, I might hitch a ride w/ someone & go listen, but I have no hope that the mistake will be corrected so it's really a waste of time.

It would make a point to go down a couple doors & buy a Subway sandwich & drink, then sit on the SBX porch to chat with the DM.

Your last paragraph is absurd. A stunt like that just makes it harder on OCers who just wanna OC. The tacky and classless act you describe is unjustifiable.

Logan 5

The letter from the CEO explains why. The anti-rights people kept pushing, we kept coming back, and they got tired of it. Instead of standing up to the people causing problems (the anti-rights folks) they tell us to keep out. I think it's because we're easier to ID, just like blacks could easily be discriminated against.

The directive from the CEO sets forth the terms - agree not to exercise your right to self-defense.
Much as the Delavan staff have enjoyed our group meetings, I can't imagine they'll go against what their CEO directs.

If you'd like to (politely!) express your regrets that we won't be returning:
1741 E Geneva St.
Delavan, WI
53115-2050
262-740-0223

Here's my letter, which I'll mail this afternoon. Feel free to borrow ideas, but please do not copy & paste & put your name on it. Make it personal. Chain letters don't help.

Ok, I called. And I told them not one bit different than what I've said on line- they're there to sell coffee and make money. Not make political statements. And as I saw already, someone did ask the GM and he apparently said it's ok. Which as I know personally from back when I was a GM, in a corporation like Starbucks, unless they say explicitly that guns are banned, the GM can allow you and invite you.

Just be cool about it. Be polite and respectful. Don't go in carrying AK47s and MANPADS. Act like adults and they won't have any problems with you.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...he's talked with the manager of the Delavan SBX, & we're invited guests.
They like us, they want us back...

A message from the manager to corporate could be powerful. It should say something like this: "We used to have a very nice group of gun carriers that met here. They were always respectful and did not abuse their being here with political statements of any kind. They no longer meet here because of our new publicly disseminated policy that specifically says they are not welcome. Please reconsider this policy."

Anything else is just giving business to a corporation with an official "not welcome" policy, regardless of specific invitation of disloyal underlings that work for said corporation.

Last edited:

Carryon

So, what is the decision? Go to Delavan Culvers this weekend? Go to Delavan STBX and discuss one more time, not as likely?

I toss a vote in for Culvers.

FarmerGreg

I vote for Culvers this month too. Maybe we should consider not putting all our money in one spot. Possibly a rotation of 3 or 4 different places? By rotating we could get more people and businesses use to being around guns? Just something to think about.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Culvers is fine with me.

The only reason I like having it in one spot is that way if people hear from their mother's cousins nephews sisters husband, the story is consistent and they know where to find us.

Anyhow, I won't make it anywhere today, I have a previous commitment.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Holy crap! I've been out of touch and out of the loop for a few months, so I thought I'd go to Starbucks this month to reconnect... This is NOT what I expected to see. (Although I can't stand coffee or tea, so it's no skin off my nose to stop patronizing a company that caters mostly to libs anyway...)

That being said, Culver's is fine by me. Is anyone else going there today? Don't really want to drive to Delavan to sit in Culver's alone...