• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DG anti gun sign

Glocklover20

Today I stopped off at a Diberville dollar general, I have been here tons of time and they have always been gun friendly like any other store. I was oc and I got to the door and saw a no firearms sign placed behind some things in the corner of the door. I immediately contacted customer care only to get a call center in India, the nice lady informed me that to carry a gun in the US you needed to be a cop or have proper papers.....no use in debating with her, I could have just went to the one down the road but i didnt feel like it so i just cc and got my drinks, she told me to expect a call back from the local GM within 2 business days so by tuesday. Ill post back with the results....and once again i have never seen a gun sign at a DG.

Kopis

I immediately contacted customer care only to get a call center in India, the nice lady informed me that to carry a gun in the US you needed to be a cop or have proper papers......

one of my friends told me his 10 yr old son "plead the 5th" when he caught him lying about something. he asked him where he learned that and he said they were learning about the amendments in school. He asked his son if he had learned about the 2A to which he replied he wasnt really sure. His dad reminded him it was the one about "guns". His son told him "oh yeah, it's the right to bear arms for the military or special people with permits". That's what they are teaching in schools...... and we are in the midsouth!!!

Last edited:

Glocklover20

one of my friends told me his 10 yr old son "plead the 5th" when he caught him lying about something. he asked him where he learned that and he said they were learning about the amendments in school. He asked his son if he had learned about the 2A to which he replied he wasnt really sure. His dad reminded him it was the one about "guns". His son told him "oh yeah, it's the right to bear arms for the military or special people with permits". That's what they are teaching in schools...... and we are in the midsouth!!!

Common core is filled to the top with anti gun teachings, so I expect of it sticks we will have an even more ignorant country. Also a DG update....i contacted them 4 more times and kept getting the call center in india, the GM never contacted me like she was supposed to. Today i called again and got a nice lady in the good ole USA and she is moving it up to the regional manager and guaranteed a call tomorrow, she said it was probably some idiot that put it up since DG had not sent out any signs.

davidmcbeth

Banned

We are all in the "military" ... the militia ... "special people with permits" hahahaha !

At least he knows the 5th ! You can teach him the rest.

They don't teach civics anymore ~ for a reason.