• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dilemma

Medic1210

Of course... Could you not OC the BUG also? No CC, no requirement for permit or showing ID....

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I guess I legally could, but I'm not real big on unnecessary attention. To me, carrying more than one handgun openly, would almost be asking for unwanted negative attention. I know many folks here disagree, but I just would feel odd doing it.

Greg Bradburn

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess my dilemma now is whether I really want to carry a concealed backup while OC.

To rotorhead, I didn't realize they had that extension thing until it was too late. I've been home since August, so the90 day window has long since passed. I didn't mind taking the class though, since my wife would have probably not done it by herself.

I always carry a concealed backup (Kel-Tec .32) but I honestly think you are making much ado about nothing. I have carried concealed for over 10 years and have never been "approached" by a LEO and forced to "identify", even while OC.

Medic1210

I always carry a concealed backup (Kel-Tec .32) but I honestly think you are making much ado about nothing. I have carried concealed for over 10 years and have never been "approached" by a LEO and forced to "identify", even while OC.

Yeah, I've never been approached in the 10+ years of concealed carry either. My concern is now that I open carry, I'm more likely to be stopped at some point for my open carried sidearm because of some scared citizen. I guess if i'll just do what's required if ever c/c while OC, and just tell him and offer up ID which I would otherwise not offer up if I weren't CC. No since in me getting in trouble on the off chance my encounter with an uneducated LEO turns into full detention with pat down and free ride to the magistrate. I imagine at that point it would be too late to inform of my CHP and concealed sidearm.