• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discussion on Jan 2018 OC Dinner - Greater Richmond

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The New Year will soon be upon us - we need to plan ahead as the 2nd Tuesday in January is the 9th.

We have finally breached the no guns wall associated with Golden Corral on Gaskins Rd. at Broad St. - been their several times now OCing with no negative repercussions.

I suggest that we consider that location for our next OC dinner - good prices with a variety of food. This would go a long way to planting that location as a positive destination.

What say you?

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Going to be any type of a meet up or something for the bunch here on Lobby Day? Barring snakebite or lightning strike I will be there lobbying. FWIW.

But will not hurt at all this year. Northup and his minions mean we must be on sharp watch.

Figuring the VCDL is doing the bus thing that is how I will get there and don't want to miss that coming back to L'burg.

Thoughts? Plans? Ideas?

Nemo

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Going to be any type of a meet up or something for the bunch here on Lobby Day? Barring snakebite or lightning strike I will be there lobbying. FWIW.

But will not hurt at all this year. Northup and his minions mean we must be on sharp watch.

Figuring the VCDL is doing the bus thing that is how I will get there and don't want to miss that coming back to L'burg.

Thoughts? Plans? Ideas?

Nemo
There has always been a pre Lobby Day dinner, but it is off topic for this thread.

Applicable info will follow after the first of the year. Riding the bus will get you here a day too late for such a dinner.

Last edited:

scouser

Not a huge fan of golden corral myself. Find it rather bland tasting food and too easy for tiny hands to actually be inserted into the food itself by kids who have parents that don't care what they do.

Just offering my opinion on the place.

I'd rather visit Super Kings if we're having a buffet style meal

mnrobitaille

The New Year will soon be upon us - we need to plan ahead as the 2nd Tuesday in January is the 9th.

We have finally breached the no guns wall associated with Golden Corral on Gaskins Rd. at Broad St. - been their several times now OCing with no negative repercussions.

I suggest that we consider that location for our next OC dinner - good prices with a variety of food. This would go a long way to planting that location as a positive destination.

What say you?

I find it a bit odd that you've had the issues with OCing at Golden Corral, as the 2 I have visited I've had no issues while OCing & dining. Must be that the management team was of the anti crowd.

DoubleTap

Not a huge fan of golden corral myself. Find it rather bland tasting food and too easy for tiny hands to actually be inserted into the food itself by kids who have parents that don't care what they do.

Just offering my opinion on the place.

I'd rather visit Super Kings if we're having a buffet style meal

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

If you're speaking of Hibachi (in Westland Shopping Center - used to be Super King), isn't that the usual place for pre-lobby day dinners?

DoubleTap

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I find it a bit odd that you've had the issues with OCing at Golden Corral, as the 2 I have visited I've had no issues while OCing & dining. Must be that the management team was of the anti crowd.
The former manager at Gaskins Rd. was very anti, but blamed his position falsely on patrons.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

If you're speaking of Hibachi (in Westland Shopping Center - used to be Super King), isn't that the usual place for pre-lobby day dinners?

DoubleTap
That is correct.

IMHO - 2 dinners in the same place within one week would not be a good fit.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Decision time

Lacking any other definitive input and because time is of the essence, we are cutting to the chase and posting our next OC dinner at Golden Corral on Gaskins Rd. at Broad Street - 7:00pm on Tuesday, January 9th at 7:00pm.

Last edited: