• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disorderly Conduct

mike m

imported post

Is there any statute in KY. that says you can not be charged with D.C just for O.C.

Any help would be nice going to start thigh rig carry all the time. Have been O.C. for about a year every day, thought I would mix it up a bit!! Wish me luck!!!

N00blet45

imported post

From http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/titles.htm (under chapter 525)
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct in the first degree when he or she:
(a) In a public place and with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or
alarm, or wantonly creating a risk thereof:
1. Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;
2. Makes unreasonable noise; or
3. Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that
serves no legitimate purpose; and

(b) Acts in a way described in paragraph (a) of this subsection within three
hundred (300) feet of a:
1. Cemetery during a funeral or burial;
2. Funeral home during the viewing of a deceased person;
3. Funeral procession;
4. Funeral or memorial service; or
5. Building in which a funeral or memorial service is being conducted; and

(c) Acts in a way described in paragraph (a) of this subsection at any point in time
between one (1) hour prior to the commencement of an event specified in
paragraph (b) of this subsection and one (1) hour following its conclusion; and

(d) Knows that he or she is within three hundred (300) feet of an occasion
described in paragraph (b) of this subsection.

The way I understand it you would have to be behaving in a threatening manner or create a hazardous situation by an act that does not serve a legitimate purpose (self preservation seems pretty legitimate to me). Now this would have to be at either a public place or a funeral. The only reason I could guess that parts b, c, and d are there is in case someone acts a fool at a private funeral.

This is my common sense interpretation, if you want a truely legal one ask a lawyer.