• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do all Scott Co. Parks have this sign?

mellio

imported post

I have visited two Georgetown parks this week and both have this sign posted. I don't think the rule is legally enforcable. I was just wondering if anybody knows if local LEOs will try to enforce this "rule" if they spot your weapon?

BusinessCards

imported post

Of the ten rules posted it's one of only two that is printed in all caps. That MUST mean the police will bust your chops for carrying a FIREARM or PARKING ON THE GRASS. Whether the sign has power of law behind it means nothing to cops.

langzaiguy

imported post

It's DEFINITELY not enforceable--unless you're somehow on school property. There's a few other posts on this topic. I believe they have taken the signs down at one, maybe two locations, but they're still up. Sounds like we need another picnic in Georgetown!

8th ID

imported post

Everyone check kc3's blog. I sent an email to the judge executive in Scott County. I posted his response on kc3. He told me that ALL signs with the No Firearms on them had been removed. Well...maybe he was mistaken...it MAY be timefor an OC event in this park..just let me know...

mellio

imported post

The signs are at Great Crossing and Jobes Landing. Jobes Landing is the boat ramp/park closest to the interstate. Great crossing is the park on the way to Stamping Ground.