• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do I have to follow orders given by volunteer senior citizen patrol?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Which of those laws do you think should be repealed?? If you think they should be repealed in Everett, how 'bout your community too.

I live in Pierce Co.

I suggest that 9.41 is repealed in it's entirety.

I suggest that this is repealed...

RCW 70.54.050
Exposing contagious disease — Penalty.

Every person who shall wilfully expose himself to another, or any animal affected with any contagious or infectious disease, in any public place or thoroughfare, except upon his or its necessary removal in a manner not dangerous to the public health; and every person so affected who shall expose any other person thereto without his knowledge, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

I can go on and on....

sudden valley gunner

I live in Pierce Co.

RCW 70.54.050

Every person who shall wilfully expose himself to another, or any animal affected with any contagious or infectious disease, in any public place or thoroughfare, except upon his or its necessary removal in a manner not dangerous to the public health; and every person so affected who shall expose any other person thereto without his knowledge, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

I can go on and on....

I think it would be a better measure of politicians on what they work to get rid of instead of implement.

I cringe whenever I hear the term "law maker" that is not their job and some take it all to seriously. Their job is to represent.

amlevin

But, they do get to drive Crown Vics around (in some areas).

Do they get a newer one or do they have to drive around in one that smells like a 5 year accumulation of various body fluids in the back seat? :);):)

Here in the area I live they drive around in a donated vehicle that doesn't look anything like an official vehicle other than the decal on the side identifying it as a volunteer patrol.

Unfortunately, some of the Senior Citizens that volunteer do take their role more seriously than allowed. They can be very authoritarian when dealing with members of the public. Some do let that jacket and hat they are issued go to their heads. A lot are retired military and even a few former or retired cops, all of which are used to issuing orders.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I live in Pierce Co.

RCW 70.54.050

I can go on and on....

You would support removing 9.41.290 State preemption that keep these podunk towns and counties cutting loose on firearms laws and restrictions? That is the very reason it was placed there.

I was told many years ago and agree with it still today, everything good have some bad and everything bad has some good.
Keep working to make it better but don't cut that nose off to spite your face!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You would support removing 9.41.290 State preemption that keep these podunk towns and counties cutting loose on firearms laws and restrictions? That is the very reason it was placed there.

I was told many years ago and agree with it still today, everything good have some bad and everything bad has some good.
Keep working to make it better but don't cut that nose off to spite your face!

And send a clear message to the state, cities, et al that the following will be enforced against ALL government entities:

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
And send a clear message to the state, cities, et al that the following will be enforced against ALL government entities:

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Well I agree with you gogo, but even before state preemption many towns and counties still violated Article 1 Sec 24 and it would not surprise me that many took the stance well let the citizen challenge as very few will be willing to spend the money it takes to over turn this violation of our rights and did so for many years.

Native2Kitsap

I'm glad you posted this.

I live in a town who's police department uses a volunteer senior citizen patrol car. I have never had a problem with them while open carrying in fact they are usually one of the first to smile and wave at me. I saw them again today out driving around and writing parking tickets and that got me thinking exactly how much power do they have? If they where to issue me a order would I have to follow it?

I was wondering about this too. I could have sworn I saw a couple of them carrying tasers. I doubt someone their age would have been tased for training due to health concerns. Not that I would underestimate a senior citizen with a taser. They would probably use it:lol: The city of Port Orchard has "police volunteers" who appear to have the same job. Mainly parking enforcement and vacation house checks. They really do look like deputies except for their light bars. If I saw them and was from out of town I'd assume they were fully commissioned until I saw the writing on their car.

Last edited: