• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ Concealed Carry rules out

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
And as I know not how to link to a specific post here is the exact timeline... Post # 11

See the blue bar that just above your post and user name that says: Today, 09:44 AM ??

Follow that blue bar over to the right of your screen and you'll see--------> #100

click on that and your browser will go to the link for that post and you can copy and paste that link. Also, you can right click on the #100 and select copy link.

:)

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

See the blue bar that just above your post and user name that says: Today, 09:44 AM ??

Follow that blue bar over to the right of your screen and you'll see--------> #100

click on that and your browser will go to the link for that post and you can copy and paste that link. Also, you can right click on the #100 and select copy link.

:)

Test, one two, test, testing, testing...tap tap tap,... is this thing on...?????

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?94750-How-long-to-process-a-Utah-permit&p=1621678&viewfull=1#post1621678

Test...

Edited to add.... Test completed successfully... all systems go....

Thanks....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

The "cat clan"?

Seein's how you brought it up..., I was gonna reference that here in my previous post, but decided not to not knowing how you felt about it....

As in.... I am a pround card carrying member of the "Cat Clan".....:cool:
As in... having taken and completed a corse given by "The Yellow Cat With The M4"...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

theoicarry

DOJ Requirements

On the DOJ site listed in the qualifications for CC. In bold there is a statement as follows: Any of the proof of training documents listed #1 - #5 are sufficient etc. My comment here is if someone would submit two documents, HS and CCW course, would the DOJ reject it because of this statement? Not trying to second guess here, but this is government we are dealing with.
food for thought.

paul@paul-fisher.com

On the DOJ site listed in the qualifications for CC. In bold there is a statement as follows: Any of the proof of training documents listed #1 - #5 are sufficient etc. My comment here is if someone would submit two documents, HS and CCW course, would the DOJ reject it because of this statement? Not trying to second guess here, but this is government we are dealing with.
food for thought.

Not that I know what the DOJ is thinking but I believe they wouldn't reject. That being said, why send more than one?

oliverclotheshoff

i think the reason of sending more that one would be if they were to find a fault in one you would have another as a backup so to speak so you would not have to go through the denial appeal proccess or whatever they call it

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to send in everything that I have. Utah License, MD training certificate, Hunters Ed, and my training certificate from the BDJ course I took. They sent me a nice little email explaining that the course they taught would satisfy the requirements, and that the email when printed would provide the rest of the information they are looking for.

So, hopefully that will keep me covered. If I could, I'd print out my own background check, have it notarized by the court system, and send that in as well!

Will we need to send in fingerprint cards? I bet I have another one of those running around too! :wink:

Outdoorsman1

To minimize / avoid confusion, I will just be sendiing in a copy of my Utah Permit along with the required declaration that it has never been revoked, my WI drivers license number (maybe a copy of the license on the same page as the copy of my permit), and of a money order or cashiers check for $50.00 made out to The Wisconsin Department of Justice...

Did I miss / forget anything....???????

Wow... I just noticed by actually typing "Department of Justice" how SADLY IRONIC that name really is... using the word JUSTICE in relation to their "Emergency Rules" is quite the stretch....

Outdoorsman1

Vandil

To minimize / avoid confusion, I will just be sendiing in a copy of my Utah Permit along with the required declaration that it has never been revoked, my WI drivers license number (maybe a copy of the license on the same page as the copy of my permit), and of a money order or cashiers check for $50.00 made out to The Wisconsin Department of Justice...

Wow... I just noticed by actually typing "Department of Justice" how SADLY IRONIC that name really is... using the word JUSTICE in relation to their "Emergency Rules" is quite the stretch....

Outdoorsman1

Delivery Confirmation? and a paperclip.

E6chevron

A photocopy of a non-revoked CCW license or permit, and the Affirmation form downloaded from the DOJ CCW website, is a simple, foolproof way to meet the training requirement.

theoicarry

Outdoorsman1

May be we have all missed something. I worked for Government many years and regulations can be specific.
Under the application on the DOJ YOUR APPLICATION MUST!!!!
Second line from the bottom!
INCLUDE A (CHECK) MADE OUT TO THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE IN THE AMOUNT OF $50.00 ( IT DOES SPECIFY A CHECK)
I do not want to be skeptical here,,, but this is government?
Your tax dollars in action.