• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't use your printer, it will get your gun grabbed

WalkingWolf

The Massad Ayoob mind control is strong with this one. Thought this was good for a laugh.

It's not legally, technically, but the problem with this mindset is:
1) Even if it's not technically legally a problem in FL, the owner of a store who doesn't appreciate it can definitely tell you to leave. They don't need a reason to file trespassing, if they should happen to be a transplanted hippie liberal who hates guns (or a "snow bird").
2) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, you've blown your element of surprise, and someone can make a grab for your gun. Not a fun situation to be in, no matter what state you're from. It could also result in (in an armed robbery) the bad guy shooting you on sight without reason.
3) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, it can set up a dangerous mindset of complacency that causes you to get yourself in trouble in some other state, should you travel.
4) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, what if said hippie liberal makes a scene? Everywhere you go from then on, people know you're carrying. You could make yourself a future target.

I'm from FL and I do not aprpeciate printing one bit: not because I hate CWL or shooting at the range, because I do both More because it demonstrates to me that the individual is becoming (or is) careless, which is a bad thing.

And FYI, even if printing is technically not a concern in FL, every CWL trainer worth their money is telling people not to allow their gun to print.

WalkingWolf

Where did that quote come from?

Glock forum, he is a avid follower of MA, and his books are the bibles of all things gun, and self defense related. I just found it funny, not only is their myths that are not true about OC, these guys think you should carry the tinniest of guns for CC.

I'll be honest, ten years ago when I did CC I would not have known what someone was talking about if they said I was printing. I guess I would have had a look of confusion. Honestly these CC only guys Wayyyyyyyyyyy over think carry.

stealthyeliminator

"1) Even if it's not technically legally a problem in FL, the owner of a store who doesn't appreciate it can definitely tell you to leave. They don't need a reason to file trespassing, if they should happen to be a transplanted hippie liberal who hates guns (or a "snow bird").
2) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, you've blown your element of surprise, and someone can make a grab for your gun. Not a fun situation to be in, no matter what state you're from. It could also result in (in an armed robbery) the bad guy shooting you on sight without reason.
3) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, it can set up a dangerous mindset of complacency that causes you to get yourself in trouble in some other state, should you travel.
4) Even if it's not technically illegal in FL, what if said hippie liberal makes a scene? Everywhere you go from then on, people know you're carrying. You could make yourself a future target."

Problems with open carry (or printing) (according to CC only scrubs)
1. You might not be able to continue to patronize businesses that don't deserve your business
2. You no longer look like an average, soft, scrub
3. You can't be as careless as the deep concealers (lol) about crossing state lines where laws vary (note: be sure to flip the script here and say that carrying in the manner which allows you to more easily get away with accidental infractions of the law is less "dangerous"(?) and less complacency-inducing - they'll never see the backwards logic!)
4. You might invoke a complete mental breakdown in a hoplophobe, who will mark your forehead with the symbol of a handgun, so that everywhere you go from then on, people will know that you're carrying a handgun.

People really need to let go of the gun shame that's been forced on them, stop trying to force it on others who have already let go of it, get some self confidence, and be able to be proud, of the fact that they've taken their safety on as a personal responsibility, in the face of criticism from an ignorant public.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

radelahunt said:
View Post

So, why aren't the police up in arms with their Police Union representatives about being made into walking targets by openly carrying firearms?

What makes someone wearing distinctive clothing, driving a distinctively painted car and wearing a flashy bit of metal on their chests whilst openly carrying less of a target than I wearing nondescript clothing, driving an average car and without even any hair on my manly chest while carrying openly?

From having been a member in both, GlockForum ranks right up there with GlockTalk in the numbers of members without sufficient ionic current flows within the neurons of the brain to register on an electroencephalogram.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Problems with open carry (or printing) (according to CC only scrubs)
1. You might not be able to continue to patronize businesses that don't deserve your business
2. You no longer look like an average, soft, scrub
3. You can't be as careless as the deep concealers (lol) about crossing state lines where laws vary (note: be sure to flip the script here and say that carrying in the manner which allows you to more easily get away with accidental infractions of the law is less "dangerous"(?) and less complacency-inducing - they'll never see the backwards logic!)
4. You might invoke a complete mental breakdown in a hoplophobe, who will mark your forehead with the symbol of a handgun, so that everywhere you go from then on, people will know that you're carrying a handgun.

People really need to let go of the gun shame that's been forced on them, stop trying to force it on others who have already let go of it, get some self confidence, and be able to be proud, of the fact that they've taken their safety on as a personal responsibility, in the face of criticism from an ignorant public.

^^This. I only bolded certain portions that I thought really needed to be emphasized about the CC-only crowd.