• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dulles Hyatt Hotel?

Dreamer

2300 Dulles Corner Blvd, Herndon, Virginia 20171

Is this hotel considered part of the "airport terminal" as a prohibited place in VA? Or is carry in the Hyatt legal? Also does anyone know if this hotel is posted? I'll be attending a conference there in March, and need to know if it's OK to carry there...

Thanks in advnce!

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I "know" you do not need to be told, but just in case somebody is thinking of being helpful - DO NOT ASK THEM AHEAD OF TIME!

If you do not see anything clearly and prominently posted, wear it like you know what you are doing.

stay safe

Dreamer

I "know" you do not need to be told, but just in case somebody is thinking of being helpful - DO NOT ASK THEM AHEAD OF TIME!

If you do not see anything clearly and prominently posted, wear it like you know what you are doing.

stay safe

Thanks for the reminder, Skid. That was my exact plan of operation. I've been at it FAR to long to "call ahead for permission"... ;-)

Lyndsy Simon

The law uses the follow verbiage:

> to possess or transport into any air carrier airport terminal in the Commonwealth

I think a reasonable person would agree that a hotel is not an "air carrier airport terminal", and that those words would apply to the building housing facilities owned or operated by an air carrier.

Of course, I'm not an attorney, so take it for what you will. I know I've carried multiple times to the airport here in Charlottesville, and have gotten out of my vehicle to help my passenger load their luggage. The LEO there didn't even seem exceptionally interested in me, so I'm assuming they either thought I was a fellow LEO or are aware of the law.

If I were in your place, I'd carry in the hotel.