• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Kentucky Open Carry Meetup - December 14th

Sir Diealotz

I...
Um...
Just...
Woke up...
With a ... Hangover... Ouchies my computer screen is bright >.<.

Here's hoping for January!

Note to self, the more expensive the Cognac, the more of a punch it has for less volume.

Rum > Cognac for hangovers :uhoh:

I'd be down for a meet n greet in Lexington sometime...

09jisaac

I'd be down for a meet n greet in Lexington sometime...

The best way to get one started is to pick a time and place and stick with it.

Also, invite all of your friends to go. The largest EKY M&G had four of Neuroblade's friends and my GF. He and I were the only to from the forum.

Sir Diealotz

Didn't you guys do some volunteer work or something in lexington? Like open carry clean up?

Best time would be piggy back a gun show.

DrakeZ07

Didn't you guys do some volunteer work or something in lexington? Like open carry clean up?

I forget his OCDO screen name, but the person who organized the Lexington Open Carry Litter Pick-up was Mr. Frank Harris, and it t'was him, myself, and a couple of his friends that showed up to do it, once, I think it was last spring or last year.

Gutshot was able to rally everyone to meet at Golden coral a while back, so it is possible, just really hard to do outside of gun shows. The only problem about gun shows, is it's not really all that fun to go to such a show when you can't afford anything there! xD

neuroblades

Lexington Gun Shows Upcoming.

The next scheduled gun show in Lexington will be Jan. 4th & 5th at the usual location. It be rather short notice to try to get one scheduled and set up in that short of time. Generally, you need to get it out there as far ahead of schooled thereby giving people more time to become aware of it when you're first starting a new M&G in an area.

The next one in Lexington would be Feb. 22nd & 23rd. That would give you enough time to scout a location that would be gun friendly, allow for a nice place to eat and chat & be central location that most everyone can find easily. I'm not to aware of the gun climate in Lexington but I have eaten at the Golden Corral's most everywhere in the Central to Eastern Kentucky and WV are and have had little to no negative interactions with the customers or management. We started the EKOCC out at the Golden Corral in Ashland, Ky. and after awhile decided to try to move it closer the Eastern Kentucky region and now we're conducting them at the Jenny Wiley State Park Lodge.

With all that being said, timing of a Meet & Greet on the same day as the gun show might be a great idea but you'd have start it a bit after 5pm when the gun show closes down for the day and try to avoid having it in any heavily congested area's in and around Lexington. When the gun show ends and everyone scurries for their vehicles, it's as bad as when UK plays, almost! *LOL* I had mentioned Golden Corral as a great place to hold a Meet & Greet but in Lexington this might be ill-advised as the one on New Circle is usually very busy and you might need to contact them ahead of time to hold one of the side rooms for everyone to meet in. The GZ location I mentioned is usually quite busy and therefore, quiet loud as well and when you're holding a OC M&G, it's not a good idea to have to be yelling the words, "GUN", "FIREARM", "WEAPON" or the like out loud around large crowds of people.