• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern WA OC Report

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Ah my bad, looks like you are right, however it seems that they require California-style Open Carry, at least to initially walk into the store. If not then they need to fix that wording.

NO, you can carry locked and loaded. CA is a bad example now since you can't OC at all in CA.

Alpine

I was referring to pre-ban CA OC. Read the language closely.
They want all firearms brought in for any reason unloaded and inspected at the front.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I was referring to pre-ban CA OC. Read the language closely.
They want all firearms brought in for any reason unloaded and inspected at the front.
I will speak for the Lacey store......NO Only firearms that are being evaluated, or fitted for holster are inspected and locked. If it stays in the holster, then there is NO inspection. Once again.................NO
I work there, and when I'm shopping as a regular customer I carry my 1911 locked and loaded.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
found out they have a company policy that only apparently LEOs are supposed to be carrying loaded in store.

The wording here is very clear. If you are OCing when you come in, and you keep it in the holster, you are good to go. At no place do I see a provision to unload unless I am turning that weapon over to someone else or handle it in general. Just carrying? That's good.

On another note, I carry round in chamber, safety off, hammer down everywhere including cabelas.

hadji

On another note, I carry round in chamber, safety off, hammer down everywhere including cabelas.

I have the feeling that I am about to learn something.
Why 'safety off, hammer down' rather than 'safety on, hammer cocked'?

Jeff Hayes

I have the feeling that I am about to learn something.
Why 'safety off, hammer down' rather than 'safety on, hammer cocked'?

I believe MSG carries a CZ, the safety can not be engaged unless the hammer is cocked the long DA trigger pull is the safety much like a Glock or Springfield. Later model CZs have a firing pin stop that prevents the hammer from striking the firing pin.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I believe MSG carries a CZ

This is Truth! I usually carry a CZ82, but as of late it has been the Ruger P85.

Carry Considerations

This pistol performs reliably and accurately, but when considering it for conceal carry, its small size is another advantage. It’s not a pocket rocket, like the Nano. Where the Nano measures just over 4” tall and 5.6” long, the CZ 82 is notably beefier at 5” (tall) by 6.8” (long). But where the Nano only carries 6+1, the CZ’s double stack mag holds 12, and one in the chamber. The trigger on the CZ 82 is DA/SA, and it also has an ambidextrous frame-mounted safety. This allows the carrier the option of “cocked and locked,” or to carry with the hammer dropped. But, while the hammer is dropped, the frame safety cannot be engaged. The magazine release can also be engaged from either side of the pistol. As I mentioned before, the 82 isn’t a pocket-sized sub compact, like the minuscule Nano. At 28.6oz, it’s closer to the full-size Beretta M9 (weighing 33.3oz). There are lighter options on the market with increased capacity (e.g., the Glock 19 at 20.99oz with a magazine capacity of 15 rounds, standard), that give the heavy CZ competition in the compact handgun realm.

http://thearmsguide.com/705/cz-82-the-milsurp-007-would-love/

Jeff Hayes

Back on topic

I was shopping at Fred Meyer Wandermere, North Spokane, a few days ago and had five positive comments on my firearm in less than 15 minutes. This a sure sign that we have achieved our goal of normalizing OC.

BobR

In the last few days I have OCd in Idaho and WA, several positive comments. I believe you are right Jeff, we have made a very definite impact. If you go back a few more weeks I was on the receiving end of several positive comments in Missoula in a very short time.

bob

BobR

Spokane Interstate Fair; Day 1

No real events, OC'd all over the fair with no issues.

Initially walking into the fair the wife stopped to drop some money in the Spokane Heroes bucket and ended up chatting.

While waiting a older, and for me to say older you know I am talking OLD, gentleman sitting in his powered scooter who I read right away as not being open to my open carrying asked;

OG: Are you a former officer?

Me: No, my parents were married, I was enlisted.

OG: No, I meant police officer

Me: No

OG Do you have a license to carry that cap gun? ( you see where this is going?)

Me: I don't need one in the state of WA to open carry a firearm.

OG: Some people may in there (nodding toward the exhibit hall) may not like you doing that.

Me: It is not my concern if people don't like me doing a legal activity.

OG: Why is the hammer back on that thing?

Me: It is how one carries an 1911

OG: Isn't that dangerous?

Me: Borrowing a line from somewhere, Of course it is dangerous, I wouldn't carry a gun if it wasn't dangerous.

OG: Why are you carrying it? (starting to get circular)

Me: Because I am too old to fight and to fat to run.

OG: Well, I don't like it

Me: I really don't care if you don't like it, it is legal in the state of WA and I am exercising my rights under the US and WA state constitution and laws to carry my pistol how ever I want.

Wife was done and so was my conversation with OG.

The second incident I didn't even hear or know of until the wife mentioned it.

I was at the box office to buy tickets to the rodeo and while I was discussing and paying the wife said a golf cart with a couple of police officers rolled by, one younger and one older officer. The wife says the younger one said to the older one something along the lines I had a gun and should we stop and talk to him. The older ( and wiser) cop then told the younger one, Why? He is legal. They didn't even slow down.

So all in all, it was a good trip to the fair. Junk food, one Old guy who would not have listened to reason if you hit him over the head with it and a cop who knows the law.

I think I will go back next Thursday.

:)

bob

Jeff Hayes

Stopped to get gas and a drink yesterday at a local convenience store, pumped my gas and then went in to get a diet Coke. I stand in a longish line and it soon become my turn to pay. As soon as I stepped up to the counter the guy behind me says rather loudly to the cashier hes got a gun. The cashier didn't miss a beat she just said good that will be $1.90, I gave two ones she handed me a dime back and on my way I went. Poor guy was evidently not expecting that reaction out of the cashier, not sure if he was expecting to get me in trouble or what I did not stick around to find out.

skeith5

Spokane Interstate Fair; Day 1

No real events, OC'd all over the fair with no issues.

Initially walking into the fair the wife stopped to drop some money in the Spokane Heroes bucket and ended up chatting.

While waiting a older, and for me to say older you know I am talking OLD, gentleman sitting in his powered scooter who I read right away as not being open to my open carrying asked;

OG: Are you a former officer?

Me: No, my parents were married, I was enlisted.

OG: No, I meant police officer

Me: No

OG Do you have a license to carry that cap gun? ( you see where this is going?)

Me: I don't need one in the state of WA to open carry a firearm.

OG: Some people may in there (nodding toward the exhibit hall) may not like you doing that.

Me: It is not my concern if people don't like me doing a legal activity.

OG: Why is the hammer back on that thing?

Me: It is how one carries an 1911

OG: Isn't that dangerous?

Me: Borrowing a line from somewhere, Of course it is dangerous, I wouldn't carry a gun if it wasn't dangerous.

OG: Why are you carrying it? (starting to get circular)

Me: Because I am too old to fight and to fat to run.

OG: Well, I don't like it

Me: I really don't care if you don't like it, it is legal in the state of WA and I am exercising my rights under the US and WA state constitution and laws to carry my pistol how ever I want.

Wife was done and so was my conversation with OG.

The second incident I didn't even hear or know of until the wife mentioned it.

I was at the box office to buy tickets to the rodeo and while I was discussing and paying the wife said a golf cart with a couple of police officers rolled by, one younger and one older officer. The wife says the younger one said to the older one something along the lines I had a gun and should we stop and talk to him. The older ( and wiser) cop then told the younger one, Why? He is legal. They didn't even slow down.

So all in all, it was a good trip to the fair. Junk food, one Old guy who would not have listened to reason if you hit him over the head with it and a cop who knows the law.

I think I will go back next Thursday.

:)

bob
Bob, were you wearing a white tank top and jeans? I am Boomer, the Chiefs mascot, and noticed someone open carrying. Happy to see it there!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

mnrobitaille

Pasco & Kennewick adventures

Went into Tri-Cities to run a few errands today, carrying in a IWB strong side at the 3. First stop was Yokes Fresh Market, in Pasco, to do some banking at Global Credit Union In-Store Branch, no noticeable reactions. Next stop after that was the Kennewick Social Security Office. Before getting out of car, removed holstered sidearm & placed in a secured location in car. After taking care of business, went back out to car & reapplied holstered sidearm to hip then got into car. Went to Red Robin for lunch with no noticeable reactions. After lunch, went to Dollar Tree & Spirit Halloween Store (both off Canal Drive), again nothing. Off to the Kennewick WinCo Foods for a few groceries, then Safeway, with no reactions at either. Over the river to Lowe's in Pasco then gassed up at Maverik on Road 68 & Sandifur.

mnrobitaille

Ran a couple of errands in Tri-Cities while OCing IWB on right hip. Stopped at 2 different Chase branches, no one batted an eye even though both were very busy. Also stopped at Kennewick Fred Meyer to conduct business at the Customer Service Desk. Also stopped at Country Mercantile in West Richland, Krispy Kreme & the Richland Walmart Supercenter. Also stopped by Money Tree in Pasco. Basically everyone was at Condition White & didn't even notice I was carrying.

mnrobitaille

Another day, more errands to run in Tri-Cities. First stop was Connell Grange Supply for gas & trip snack, they're used to me carrying there. Next stop was Franklin County Courthouse, for mom to do her CPL paperwork. The security staff know I carry & as soon as I walked in, they were going for a lockbox. (When getting out of car, a gentleman saw my sidearm on my hip & gave a quizzical/deer in headlights look) Stayed on the Courthouse premises for about 15 minutes for mom to fill out paperwork & get fingerprinted. When leaving, reacquired sidearm & placed back on hip before leaving the security checkpoint. Made a quick stop at the Pepsi Bottling Company to check on product availability & nothing was said, not sure if they were paying attention.

Off to the Kennewick WinCo Foods to do some minor grocery shopping & everyone was in condition white, not even paying attention to anything but themselves. Quick stop at the AutoZone on Clearwater to pick up a new trash bag for car, with no response. Next stop was lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings (a known & publicized Gun-Free Zone), was there for about an hour & nothing was said about me being armed. Made a donut stop at Krispy Kreme in Richland with no issues. Off to Lowe's to get some building supplies with no one batting an eye, same goes for the Pasco Chase.

I have a feeling that because I'm OCing IWB that it's not really that visible to people to freak out about it (except that one gentleman at the courthouse parking lot).

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

Time for Range Time

As both mom & dad both have sidearms, decided to go to the range for some practice today. Mom wasn't feeling good, so stayed home, while my father, my wife, & I went into Tri-Cities. Our first stop was Hole in the Wall. My father had his sidearm in a range bag with some shooting supplies, I had my sidearm on right hip IWB while carrying my hearing/eye protection & targets. We were there for a little over an hour shooting & allowing my father time to get acclimated to his sidearm. After done shooting, we went to Office Depot, Best Buy, & Petsmart to do a bit of shopping (I was still OCing IWB right hip the whole time). Basically everyone was in Condition White, not paying very close attention to their surroundings. Made a very quick stop at Columbia Center Mall, for my wife to pick up a new pair of shoes (I stayed in the car, cause of the posted "No Firearms/Weapons Allowed" signage. After the shopping stops, we went & had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (was asked if all over 21, we said yes but please seat us elsewhere), & no reactions or comments from anyone.After the delicious dinner, we made a quick stop at Yoke's Fresh Market in Pasco then gassed up at Maverik & headed home.