• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emily Dickinson and Lying Rudy

countryclubjoe

Tell all the truth but tell it slant
Success in circuit lies.
Too bright for our infirm delight.
The truth's superb surprise.
As lightening to the children eased
With explanation kind
The truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind!
Emily Dickinson-

I doubt
Grotesque Giuliani,
Carpetbagger Conway
And or Swindling Sanders
Ever read Emily Dickinson!

Old orange face and
his Entourage of lying lawyer tyrants!
Liars, liars, country on fire-

" Truth is not truth"
And ignorance is Bliss!
And Trumpsters are
Fleecable fools!

My .02

countryclubjoe

' If worthless men
are sometimes at
the head of affairs,
it is I believe, because
worthless men are at
the tail and the middle"
John Adams

But wait
there is more
from Mr.Adams-
To wit

" He is too lliterate, iunread, unlearned
for his station and reputation"

" Truth is not truth"
Retard Rudy grotesque Giuliani-

The same ambition
can destroy or save
and make a patriot
as it does a knave-
Alexander Pope-

Let the rueing begin!

HP995

Behold above, the old shady racket of trying to associate the writings of dead, well-known respected writers and orators with shallow sentiments of today that have nothing intrinsic to recommend them in form or meaning. Not the first time we've seen this type of depraved spectacle in these parts. The peg doesn't fit the hole, but charlatans never stop trying.

defcon4

I realize this is the social forum and the spectrum of discussions allowed by forum rules are very broad. But really! Is this what OCDO is devolving into? We have rules against bashing other gun groups. We have rules against insulting other members. But it appears that some have free reign when it comes to insulting and bashing our president and those who believe in him. Yet not a peep from moderators.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I realize this is the social forum and the spectrum of discussions allowed by forum rules are very broad. But really! Is this what OCDO is devolving into? We have rules against bashing other gun groups. We have rules against insulting other members. But it appears that some have free reign when it comes to insulting and bashing our president and those who believe in him. Yet not a peep from moderators.
If you are looking for people to support that Trump is doing a really good job (I happen to think he is doing well) then yes you are likely on the wrong forum. People will criticize the incumbent, no matter what the office - some even have an agenda expressing such views.

The POTUS is not a member of OCDO nor any recognized gun group.

"Not a peep from Moderators?" Really?
What would you have us do? Squash the 1st Amendment if others do not voice their opinion favorably to you?

Last edited:

solus

First postings from the esteemed forum member from NJ in quite awhile and their post(s) has stirred the blood of members who have been dormant for months to request the 1st amendment be squashed on this premier national firearm forum.

All I can say howdy CCJ, with a less famous literary quote:

Welcome to the jungle

We’ve got fun ‘n’ games

We got everything you want

Honey, we know the names

We are the people that can find

Whatever you may need

[attributed to Gun&Roses]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

countryclubjoe

Behold above, the old shady racket of trying to associate the writings of dead, well-known respected writers and orators with shallow sentiments of today that have nothing intrinsic to recommend them in form or meaning. Not the first time we've seen this type of depraved spectacle in these parts. The peg doesn't fit the hole, but charlatans never stop trying.

Some folks feel the Constitution
Only applies to them!
You fit under that umbrella!

Truth is not truth!

countryclubjoe

First postings from the esteemed forum member from NJ in quite awhile and their post(s) has stirred the blood of members who have been dormant for months to request the 1st amendment be squashed on this premier national firearm fo

All I can say howdy CCJ, with a less famous literary quote:

Welcome to the jungle

We’ve got fun ‘n’ games

We got everything you want

Honey, we know the names

We are the people that can find

Whatever you may need

[attributed to Gun&Roses]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg
[COLOR=#00

[/FONT][/COLOR]​

Hello kind Sir!
Thought I would stop by
And uncover some rocks!
Inject some fresh blood
Into this board!

I see there still exist
Many blind folks here!
Be well my friend!

HP995

Criticism is not a bad thing. We can't be a healthy society without some of that. Properly done, it's not simply a matter of which side you may be on; good criticism actually strengthens a group. Embrace it!

(But where is it? I haven't seen any criticism on this particular thread yet. A few insults, a little "bashing" perhaps, but no actual criticism articulated yet. Still waiting....)

The chicanery is trying to align well-worded verses of the dead with a very biased view of current events. For all we know, Emily might be Rudy's great auntie. We don't know who she or old John would have supported. If anyone really has something to say, why not say it - if you can - rather than trying to pin it onto the words of someone else? Give it a try. If you have it, express it.

One thing I'm liking in this thread is the growing sentiment that our 1st amendment could apply to some speech involving privately-operated venues or services. Remember to have a consistent position on that ("own it") and not switch those beliefs on and off subjectively per thread. :lol: The current tech censorship trend is a complex issue, I personally would not put all venues or services in the same category, so remember those views expressed here were yours, not mine. But it's good to see people starting to think about online 1A issues!

countryclubjoe

Although I take great offense at the use of the word "retard", I am simply going to ignore CCJ until he goes away. And eventually he will tire of his little games and go away.

So let me get this right-
You’re defending rude Rudy
and this current administration
of crooks and petty tyrants?

I truly despair for your posterity!

“ truth is not truth”
“ justice is not justice”
“ lies are not lies”

And Santa clause shaved his beard!

HP995

And still no criticisms posted here! No substance. That tells us something.

countryclubjoe

And still no criticisms posted here! No substance. That tells us something.

Very difficult to defend knaves and fools!
All the trumpsters will be jumping ship
real soon!

No moral man can adjust to injustice!
Trudeau

Truth isn't truth
Rude Rudy Giuliani

What quote would you
most likely share with
your posterity?

HP995

If nobody is able to construct or express a criticism, then I guess there's still no need for a defense. Wake me up if that changes!

Not that a defense would necessarily fall to me. But so far that's purely hypothetical, since any real criticism is lacking.

There is really no grown-up response to name-calling, because there's no substance there for a real discussion. If you actually have something to say, now's the time, you have our attention, get it done! :)

defcon4

If you are looking for people to support that Trump is doing a really good job (I happen to think he is doing well) then yes you are likely on the wrong forum. People will criticize the incumbent, no matter what the office - some even have an agenda expressing such views.

The POTUS is not a member of OCDO nor any recognized gun group.

"Not a peep from Moderators?" Really?
What would you have us do? Squash the 1st Amendment if others do not voice their opinion favorably to you?

My apologies Grapeshot. Just getting worn out from all of the negativity about our POTUS. And nothing I said has a thing to do with the 1st Amendment. Unless this site is a branch of our government, the 1st Amendment does not come into play.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My apologies Grapeshot. Just getting worn out from all of the negativity about our POTUS. And nothing I said has a thing to do with the 1st Amendment. Unless this site is a branch of our government, the 1st Amendment does not come into play.
While I understand what you intend to communicate, let me point out that OCDO is a private site and that as such it is not an anything can be said zone.

HP995

While I understand what you intend to communicate, let me point out that OCDO is a private site and that as such it is not an anything can be said zone.

Both positions are understandable, but working toward consistency is desirable.

(My interest in Online 1A is not about this topic, but about the much bigger issue of huge tech companies censoring conservatives, which may have important distinctions legally and ethically from the situation in this forum. I don't see any 1A problem here. But the statements in this topic have provided an interesting glimpse into how people are currently thinking about 1A, perhaps without even realizing it!)