• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enhanced permit for nonresident

independence

I am in TN and as far as I know, there is no way for me to get the same privileges as an enhanced MS permit. MS recognizes my TN HCP, but not as enhanced. The silly thing about it is that one of the ways you can get an enhanced MS permit is by attending a TN HCP class, I've heard! Also, MS does not allow nonresident permits.

This limits the locations I can carry, including a church. Is there any way we can seek to change this? Is anyone interested in helping me try to get some attention paid to this by law makers to come up with a solution? I am in MS frequently.

Double_J

The only way to change this is to get the state law changed in the next legislative session and hope that the same group that is blocking open carry don't try to tie it up in court. I am a former Mississippi resident, and I would love to be able to carry in more places. I can only hope that if enough of us push we can get the law changed.