• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Cantor - "A+" Rated and NRA-PVF Endorsed

AtackDuck

Et tu...

Remember when Kilgore ran for governor against Kaine and thumbed his nose at the VCDL because he was endorsed by the Lairds Of Fairfax? It would seem thumbing ones at VCDL, just gets snot on your finger. It certainly doesn't help you get elected. Isn't that right, former representative Cantor? :banana:

va_tazdad

Simple answer

Between Republican voters being fed up with little Eric not listening to their complaints, the Democrats that crossed over voted against him because they didn't have to vote for their own candidate and the groups that voted for ANYONE BUT Cantor, it was no race at all.

Now the Democrats have to find somebody to run. LOL Good luck with that.

Voters in the 7th are sick of Eric, but not enough to elect a Democrat !

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Between Republican voters being fed up with little Eric not listening to their complaints, the Democrats that crossed over voted against him because they didn't have to vote for their own candidate and the groups that voted for ANYONE BUT Cantor, it was no race at all.

Now the Democrats have to find somebody to run. LOL Good luck with that.

Voters in the 7th are sick of Eric, but not enough to elect a Democrat !

They already have their candidate Taz and he is a non politician and teaches at the same college as Brat. The two are dead even on qualifications.

This is going to be interesting election but remember, this area is solid republican so if Brat doesn't shoot himself in the foot ....as Republicans are famous for doing, Brat wins.

Oh the times they is a changing.:lol:

va_tazdad

he does

Dave Brat needs a clear/simple/easy to understand message and it needs to be unwavering.

Listen to his canned speech. It is the 6 basic principals of the Republican Party. Nothing liberal about him. Just another of Cantor's lies from his ads.

Brat sure can't do worse than Cantor has for the last few years. He let his plans for power override his duty to his voters.

scouser

Song for Eric

[video=youtube;jsaTElBljOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE[/video]

"Bye Bye Dipsh**"

Times like this is when I miss British politics, back there you lose an election you're out IMMEDIATELY, pity we can't throw this self-promoting piece of (you think of your own word here) out of office TODAY

Last edited:

sidestreet

What happened here?

Not that I'm disappointed in the least way, shape or form. Some are suggesting that democrats swayed the voting in an open Republican primary. That sort of reminds me of the line that "The Stranger", Clint Eastwood's character in "High Plains Drifter" used, after blowing up part of the hotel while some men had snuck in there trying to kill him. Someone asked what was going on and "The Stranger" said, "Someone left the door open and the wrong dogs came home."

I don't think it was for lack of effort that Cantor didn't get elected, I have a Martin's grocery bag full of glossy fliers that I'll be recycling soon, asking for my vote. My voicemail was full of messages asking for my vote. Television was, well…, not something I really wanted to watch because of all the **** wanting my vote.

Maybe Eric should have spent more time dancing the "Virginia Reel" instead of the "D.C. Hustle".

Just maybe, and I'd really love to believe this, folks are finally fed up and are saying "We're not okay with 'Business As Usual' anymore!", and maybe folks have had enough with elected officials proudly proclaiming that they would "crush" other members of their own party, and not have their own elected representative take issue with it.

Personally, while attending the GOP convention in Richmond a few years back when "McD" was running for governor, Cantor was going through the Coliseum glad handing and introducing himself with all the warmth of an undertaker (my apologies to undertakers), I did not reciprocate, but instead gave him a look that he seemed to understand as annoyance.

I didn't vote for either "McD" or Cantor, and my conscience is clear. As I've said before, sometimes you can smell a skunk long before you see him.

Regardless of the factor/factors for his defeat, the total sum is that he lost, and we must do what we can to see that the loss leads to a Republican victory in the fall.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

Repeater

Why Cantor Lost?

CantorPollWorker600.jpg

[size=+1]Eric Cantor Poll Worker at Lee Davis precinct.[/size]

nobama

In NC we had the NRA endorse Thom Tillis because Tea Party favorite Greg Brannon never returned his questioner or returned phone calls. I think he shot himself in the foot over that because Brannon is a lot more for Liberty than Tillis. Good job Virginia!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The 7th district, home to both Cantor and Brat, is a traditionally strong Republican district.

Brat's Democratic opponent for the November general election is also a professor at the same college.

All things considered unless Brat steps in "it," he should win easily.

Heard a nicely turned phrase this evening for Brat supporters = the Brat Pack.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Eric Cantor is/was not an ignorant man. He was was pompus and stubborn. He lost sight of what it means to represent the people, his constituents.

If one cannot agree to give voice to the wishes of those very people, then there are several options:
  • Honor your commitment.
  • Don't run for office, don't serve.
  • Explain in open dialog, why and how you see things differently (hoping to change opinions), but ultimately be a good representative of the people.

Cantor failed at the above and paid the ultimate price - his legacy is but a carcass hanging in the locker of D.C. politics. That is what scares other politicos.

sidestreet

Some captions come to mind…,

CantorPollWorker600.jpg

[size=+1]Eric Cantor Poll Worker at Lee Davis precinct.[/size]

1. Sorry…, Server Down. :(

2. P.I.C.N.I.C. (Problem In Chair Not In Computer)

3. He thought he was having nightmares before, just wait 'til he wakes up!!!

4. Speaking of someone needing a "wake up call"…,

5. Snag-a-job? No. Snag-a-siesta? Si!!!

6. I guess it wasn't so much of a shock after all.

7. You snooze, you lose!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

Some friends and I have decided to mail Eric Cantor 'Happy Retirement' cards... :p

If anyone would like to send their own:

Richmond Office:

Representative Eric Cantor
4201 Dominion Blvd, #110
Glen Allen, VA 23060

And his DC Office:

Representative Eric Cantor
303 Cannon Building
Washington, DC 20515