• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Cantor - "A+" Rated and NRA-PVF Endorsed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Cantor blamed his loss in an interview on anti semitic voters, he lost because he was Jewish.
Accusing voters of antisemitism after having been elected 7 times prior in the same district - extremely illogical.

What Eric Cantor can't seem to grasp is that he was out of touch with the people. He was warned, he was told, but he chose to ignore the people........so they kicked him to the curb and not because of his religion. Rather they dumped him because he wasn't a representing the ideology, political stance of his constituency.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Accusing voters of antisemitism after having been elected 7 times prior in the same district - extremely illogical.

What Eric Cantor can't seem to grasp is that he was out of touch with the people. He was warned, he was told, but he chose to ignore the people........so they kicked him to the curb and not because of his religion. Rather they dumped him because he wasn't a representing the ideology, political stance of his constituency.

Then why did you vote for him ?

Blk97F150

Cantor blamed his loss in an interview on anti semitic voters, he lost because he was Jewish.

Do you have a link to that interview? I just read a Foxnews.com report where Eric indicated he did NOT think it had anything to do with him being Jewish.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...how-lost-but-now-focused-on-future-advancing/

SNIP
Cantor, who is Jewish and spent roughly nine years in the Virginia Legislature, told CNN on Sunday that he didn’t agree with the theory that anti-Semitism was a factor in his loss to Brat, an economics professor.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Then why did you vote for him ?

Find your remark both ignorant and offensive, not the least funny.

Not only did Cantor not return a VCDL survey ever, hence no vote from me, but he refused to hold his "Roundup" (major public invited political campaign party) at a venue that would permit OC or CC. VCDL initiated massive protest rallies - Eric employed local LEA to make sure no guns made it onto the property.

When one of our own offered to locate suitable gun friendly sites as a solution AND pay the rental fee, we were ignored. Met with his point man and committee chairman, Linwood Cobb, at a 7th district public committee meeting and were treated derisively.

The decision was made to get qualified people inside the 7th district committee - that happened and Cobb was removed as chairmen - then a suitable candidate was needed. Two stepped forward - David Brit and Peter Greenwald - both good, decent men, campaigning on a shoestring compared to Eric's war chest of millions. Midway through Greenwald stepped aside and threw his efforts in support of Brit - the challenge thereby consolidated, Cantor went down in flames leaving behind ashes.

Did I say that I find your remark both ignorant and offensive, not the least funny. Yep, sure did. Must have found it worth repeating.

thedevilrobyjohn

10 oclock

Do you have a link to that interview? I just read a Foxnews.com report where Eric indicated he did NOT think it had anything to do with him being Jewish.

fox richmonds 10 oclock news last night aired this. They showed snips of his interview and had him talking about his faith and his schooling coming up. Their spin and his words were that his faith DID play a part in his loss. Just find it curious that gun owners and vcdl havent been mentioned anywhere yet. I said to the lady at the polls who solicited me in the parking lot, Im vcdl and Im voting Brat. I didnt even know he was Jewish nor do I care. But I do know that VA 2A had a role in his loss.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Eric Cantor is/was not an ignorant man. He was was pompus and stubborn. He lost sight of what it means to represent the people, his constituents. <snip>
Uh, yes, Cantor is ignrt, else he would still have a job. Cantor took for granted that which should never be taken for granted, that right there is being ignrt.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
fox richmonds 10 oclock news last night aired this. They showed snips of his interview and had him talking about his faith and his schooling coming up. Their spin and his words were that his faith DID play a part in his loss. Just find it curious that gun owners and vcdl havent been mentioned anywhere yet. I said to the lady at the polls who solicited me in the parking lot, Im vcdl and Im voting Brat. I didnt even know he was Jewish nor do I care. But I do know that VA 2A had a role in his loss.
(my bold/italics above)

I've seen the interviews with him and it is absolutely NOT THE CASE that he said any such thing. Someone else's spin - IF there was such a thing, is not his.

I suggest you either provide a link or stop putting out bad information.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Goolatte VA-11 - now carries the Torch of Freedom for Illegals

Thank goodness Goodlatte won his primary in VA#11.
Super-sharp-knife-in-the-Box Juan Williams found an acorn with this one. Didn't know he & Goodlatte speak spanish.

Fox Latino - old Roger Ailes and Ruprecht Murdoch don't miss a trick - appeal to the right of Left audience while building up his Latino network - they sit in the corner and eat their plums and say what smart boys are they:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...tte-says-ready-to-move-on-immigration-reform/

TFred

This seems to be fairly clear:

CNN’s Bash To Eric Cantor: ‘Do You Think There was Anti-Semitism Involved In Your Defeat?’

Listen, I don't ever want to impute that to anybody. As you rightly say, I'm born and raised Jewish, my faith is very important to me. I know that I'm going to continue to try and work with the lessons that I've learned from my early years in Hebrew school, learning about the Old Testament and much greater leaders than I with personal setbacks.

One thing I will say, apparently Mr. Cantor has not embraced the philosophy of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

Perhaps he should take a look.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Remember, even Ronald Reagan was once a Democrat! ;) Imagine how much good Cantor could do if he had a genuine epiphany, he's got years of guilt to make up for! :p

TFred
Do we have a volunteer to step forward and hold their breath until that happens? :uhoh:

Blk97F150

Remember, even Ronald Reagan was once a Democrat! ;) Imagine how much good Cantor could do if he had a genuine epiphany, he's got years of guilt to make up for! :p

TFred

Except that I don't think Cantor feels any guilt.... :eek:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Except that I don't think Cantor feels any guilt.... :eek:
And that is the plus side of his ledger :p

Now what we need to do is clean house/take out the trash regarding our duly elected senators !!!

Really, really tired of the misrepresentation in congress.

OC for ME

Cantor is yesterday's news, two day old fish wrapped in last weeks news print. The new guy is where your focus needs to be.....uh, focused. He talked the talk, now, will he walk the walk?
Remind the honorable junior senator from the Commonwealth of Virginia as to the fate of his predecessor.

OC for ME

Cantor is yesterday's news, two day old fish wrapped in last weeks news print. The new guy is where your focus needs to be.....uh, focused. He talked the talk, now, will he walk the walk?
Remind the honorable junior [strike]senator[/strike] congressman from the Commonwealth of Virginia as to the fate of his predecessor.
Sorry, no edit function is made available to me.