• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Erik Scott Update

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Congressional Testimony: Bill Scott to Bill Windsor of Lawless America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DJeXzQmkVc

Erik is a big reason why I began open carrying - to educate people about guns. The people most afraid of guns are cops.

No.

The people most afraid of guns are those who enjoy being in POWER, whether they are politicians, BAD cops or the street thug terrorizing an urban neighborhood.

GOOD cops aren't afraid of good people with guns.

TigerLily

No.

The people most afraid of guns are those who enjoy being in POWER, whether they are politicians, BAD cops or the street thug terrorizing an urban neighborhood.

GOOD cops aren't afraid of good people with guns.

I've been detained 9 times over my controversial helmet while riding my motorcycle. Of those 9 times I was open carrying 4 times. Of the four times I was open carrying, only one of the officers was unafraid of my gun - and he is a game warden. He told me that he understood my activism and point blank asked me, "what would help your cause better? For me to give you a ticket or not?" (I posted that detainment on youtube and inadvertently got him in trouble - so I promptly removed it and refused to cooperate with his bosses to get him fired.)

The rest acted cowardly and I have the vids to prove it. So perhaps technically you are correct that "good cops aren't afraid of good people with guns." But the bigger issue is 'how many good cops are there?' Not enough to justify their existence imo.

PistolPackingMomma

Two years and no one is held accountable for Erik Scott's death. I sadly suspect no one ever will be. *shakes head*

Thanks for posting the update, TL!