• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Event to discuss best practices for civilians in active shooter situation - Hanover

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Event to discuss best practices for civilians in active shooter situation - the Hanover Sheriff's Office hosting.

The event will take place on Monday, April 9[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Board of Supervisors meeting room at 7516 County Complex Road in Hanover, starting at 7 p.m. Registration begins at 6 p.m.

https://tinyurl.com/y7rchlfw

I am going to try and juggle my schedule - looks like a great opportunity to pass out Guns Save Lives stickers while OCing.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
[video=youtube;ju-lptJweTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju-lptJweTc[/video]

Can I play moderator on OCDO while you participate at the civilians in active shooter situation class????

Please, please, please........

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

Is OC verboten in the chamber?
Absolutely not.
[h=2]§ 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.[/h]A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by § 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. For purposes of this section, a statute that does not refer to firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, shall not be construed to provide express authorization.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title15.2/chapter9/section15.2-915/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

Can I play moderator on OCDO while you participate at the civilians in active shooter situation class????

Please, please, please........
There was a time when I couldn't spell moderater, now I are one...:p

If your OCDO dues are up to date, you could be considered. Are you volunteering?..:lol:..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I will be at this presentation tonight with GSL stickers and OCing.

Bring a friend, bring the whole family, let's pack the place.

No long guns please.

OC or noC, we need your support.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The presentation by the Sheriff's department went pretty much as expected. Some of their suggestions were good although somewhat dated in the delivery.

What was notably missing was any hint, suggestion, or mention of being armed with a gun for self-defense.

There were 71-72 people there. Of those 48 sported GSL stickers. We had a veritable sea of bright orange stickers!
Didn't see anyone that I had interacted with before, but left there with lots of new friends.

Only disappointment was that they didn't make arrangements to allow speakers from the audience.
They were from the government and they were there to help us...:uhoh:

PS - when I first arrived, I was told to sign in with my name. I did not comply, much to their chagrin...:D

Last edited:

solus

The presentation by the Sheriff's department went pretty much as expected. Some of their suggestions were good although somewhat dated in the delivery.

What was notably missing was any hint, suggestion, or mention of being armed with a gun for self-defense.

There were 71-72 people there. Of those 48 sported GSL stickers. We had a veritable sea of bright orange stickers!
Didn't see anyone that I had interacted with before, but left there with lots of new friends.

Only disappointment was that they didn't make arrangements to allow speakers from the audience.
They were from the government and they were there to help us...:uhoh:

PS - when I first arrived, I was told to sign in with my name. I did not comply, much to their chagrin...:D

Thanks for the update and insight on the meeting, tis appreciated.

HP995

This kind of nonsense must be going on everywhere. I heard about a couple of similar presentations at workplaces, pretending to come up with gun-free solutions.

They were from the government and they were there to help us.

Totally. Citizens are demoted to second class, and they don't need guns - or speeches. This is insidious and long term, it started way back. We have to rebrand American citizens as first class, independent, free, gun-totin', self-determining patriots again.