• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family Dollar is against OC/CC

Melissa Blair

Just a FYI that policy of fire arms etc is from the employee handbook and is intended for employees, employee's are not allowed to have weapons etc while working.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just a FYI that policy of fire arms etc is from the employee handbook and is intended for employees, employee's are not allowed to have weapons etc while working.
Welcome to OCDO Melissa.

Appreciate the insight. It is consistant with all of my experiences with Family Dollar - no gun buster signs, no hassels, just pleasant shopping.

Hey guys. Just got word in tonight from someone I know who works for Family Dollar that their against OC/CC, even though there are no signs. They gave me a paper with the policies for "weapons" of any type (not just guns), so here it is, in Family Dollars own words, and I'll bold the parts that apply to OCers and CCers.

Weapons on Company Property

No weapons of any type, including, but not limited to, firearms, knives (unless the item is a Family Dollar approved box cutter), or any other dangerous weapons or instruments designed to inflict injury or cause physical damage are allowed on Company premises, property or in Company vehicles.

This applies whether the weapon is on the individual's person, carried in a container or openly, or in a vehicle brought onto Company premises (where allowed by law). Furthermore, Company Team Members are prohibited from having, possessing, or otherwise controlling weapons at any time and at any place while on Company business.

This policy applies to all Company team members, visitors and contractors on Company property. Company property includes, but is not limited to, permanent, temporary or leased structures, parking lots, Company-owned or leased vehicles, and or receiving and shipping docks.

As further clarification of this rule, the prohibition against weapons applies to both visible and concealed weapons, including those weapons for which a valid permit has been obtained. Any violation of this rule is a serious offense and disciplinary action may include immediate termination of employment.

Family Dollar will comply with all Federal, State & Local laws, where applicable.

So guys, looks like Family Dollar doesn't want business from people that OC/CC. This person also told me that the assistant and store managers had almost gotten fired for not asking me to leave when I was carrying, because apparently someone from the corporate office saw I was carrying, but was not asked to leave. There are no signs posted at any Family Dollar location I've ever been to, and I've never been asked to leave. This person just grabbed this for me and stopped by the house on their way home to give it to me. I'm going to email the corporate office about this and tell them that since they banned guns in their stores, and they don't want any OC/CCers in their stores, they will get no more of my money, but what's the best way to go about doing it? I don't want to make all OC/CCers look like jerks, or make us all look crazy either. If you guys want to get in on the email action, I'll post something here about how to contact them.

Is there any way you can email me a copy of fhe actual paper. I run a 3%er group and we are trying to gather all documentarltion possible pertaining to companies and the 2nd