• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Far-right extremists descend on Richmond for gun rights rally on MLK Day as Trump tweets about attacks on the Second Amendment...

OC for ME

No, a crap job was not done...could've been better planned? Yepper, this is on VCDL, not the citizens who attended the rally. VCDL is not new at this sort of thing and VCDL absolutely knows better...poor planning on their part is not a reflection on the rally attendees. The attendees are to be commended for their peaceable exercise of their rights. VCDL must continue to fight Northam's declaration.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
The Supreme Court has already ruled.
The United State Supreme Court in Marbury v. Madison, 5 US 137, 177. (1803) stated: “Certainly all those who have framed written constitutions contemplate them as forming the fundamental and paramount law of the nation, and, consequently, the theory of every such government must be, that an act of the legislature, repugnant to the constitution, is void.”

The United State Supreme Court in Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436, 491 (1966) the Supreme Court stated that “Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them.”

In 2008 the United States Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592, 171 L.Ed 2d 637, 128 S.Ct. 2783, declared “we find that they guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation. This meaning is strongly confirmed by the historical background of the Second Amendment.” More importantly, Heller did not limit the right to bear arms. It specifically stated, “Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.”’ The Court reiterated, “Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers.”

In 2010 the United States Supreme Court in McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742, declared “We therefore hold that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment right recognized in Heller.”

gutshot II

So we did all that and we not really able to accomplish much on the political side that day. Thanks, I will remember the futility of trying to influence legislators and just let them do what they are going to do. Nothing counts anyway, right?

Nemo :rolleyes:
What did you expect, a shootout? Are you disappointed you didn't get to help remove the bodies. This was the best outcome possible. The Governor COULD NOT back down in public but he was forced into making some choices he did not want to make. It was a national embarrassment. That is a very powerful tool against tyrants. With experienced players, a chess game is not over in the first move. Virginia gun owners have allowed themselves to fall into a deep hole. That doesn't mean that they can't climb out. Of course, VCDL is sending messages of moderation and messages to avoid violence. They don't want to portrayed as aggressors and they don't want any excuse to be kicked off Facebook or to face any other legal issues. Don't forget they are taking on the Governor of the state. He is not without resources and help. Your message in public and what is said and planned behind closed doors can often be very different. You can bet the Governor is planning some pretty nasty things for his opponents.

solus

OK, so what is we do a crap job. What do YOU do down the in NC?

And yes its quite apparent you are disturbed and troubled.

Nemo

so Nemo, i'm truly sorry you have regaled to hurling unfounded & nonexistent psycho-babble elementary playground taunts as a way to mitigate your personal frustrations...quite disappointing coming from such an august forum member...

now where did i put my original copy of the Code Duello to review my next action after having been insulted...hummm

Va_Nemo

You are upset I agree with your own assessment of yourself? Wow.

And again, what did you do to expand gun rights in NC.

Nemo

Va_Nemo

What did you expect, a shootout? Are you disappointed you didn't get to help remove the bodies. This was the best outcome possible. The Governor COULD NOT back down in public but he was forced into making some choices he did not want to make. It was a national embarrassment. That is a very powerful tool against tyrants. With experienced players, a chess game is not over in the first move. Virginia gun owners have allowed themselves to fall into a deep hole. That doesn't mean that they can't climb out. Of course, VCDL is sending messages of moderation and messages to avoid violence. They don't want to portrayed as aggressors and they don't want any excuse to be kicked off Facebook or to face any other legal issues. Don't forget they are taking on the Governor of the state. He is not without resources and help. Your message in public and what is said and planned behind closed doors can often be very different. You can bet the Governor is planning some pretty nasty things for his opponents.

I guess I need to start marking the sarcasm points of my posts here as such.

Nemo

Last edited:

solus

alas, gutshot this is VCDL's xyz annual Lobby day...shouldn't they be experienced players already & surely not stuck on the opening gambit?

you are absolutely correct the influx of anti's as well as the 'eh it doesn't matter' citizens has affected outcomes in the elections...haven't seen any activities on recall measures from anybody...

why on earth isn't the entire VA citizenry screaming bloody h3ll over the $$$$ spent on this debacle?

ya the bloomberg theme is helping the governor...tis like the VA gov has been promised the vp slot is bloomie wins the nomination!

solus

You are upset I agree with your own assessment of yourself? Wow.

And again, what did you do to expand gun rights in NC.

Nemo

roflmao ~ nawlll Nemo you've just proved pappy's adage...if ya don't wish to be proven a fool don't open your mouth and say anything...keep yapp'n nemo, just keep yapp'n

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Until the Supreme Court makes clear that laws that are contrary to the right to keep and bear arms are void we will continue to have a battle on our hands. The court has made it clear, BUT they have not enforced their holdings. They keep allowing the lower courts to ignore their holdings.

Last edited:

Ghost1958

Until the Supreme Court makes clear that laws that are contrary to the right to keep and bear arms are void we will continue to have a battle on out hands. The court has made it clear, BUT they have not enforced their holdings. They keep allowing the lower courts to ignore their holdings.

I agree.
However the supreme court is federal.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a federal court to willingly remove power from gov and return it to constitutional levels in favor of the citizenry.

I support the folks that did the rally in VA.
Though I dont see much that will be accomplished by going to a rally , 22000 strong, mostly armed, to proclaim "we will not comply" just to comply with an unco stitional governors order that no guns could be carried past his " fence".

VA will pass the same laws it said it would, and keep doing so until those void laws are
actively, openly not complied with.
As of now blackface believes the pro RTKAB side is all talk.

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
roflmao ~ nawlll Nemo you've just proved pappy's adage...if ya don't wish to be proven a fool don't open your mouth and say anything...keep yapp'n nemo, just keep yapp'n
Vesall maðr
ok illa skapi
hlær at hvívetna
hitki hann veit
er hann vita þyrpti
at hann era vamma vanr
A stupid man
and an undisciplined one
laughs at everything.
He hasn’t learned
a lesson that would do him good:
he himself isn’t flawless.
Nothin’ to learn from a fella
who won’t but laugh at everybody else.
What he ain’t learned
would do him some good:
He’s got his own faults.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
As of now blackface believes the pro RTKAB side is all talk.
And therein lies the problem. Three times in D.C. v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), at pages 598, 600, and 613, said armed and organized men possess some kind of ability to resist, or serve as a safeguard against, tyranny. So where is the line drawn in the sand?

Ghost1958

And therein lies the problem. Three times in D.C. v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), at pages 598, 600, and 613, said armed and organized men possess some kind of ability to resist, or serve as a safeguard against, tyranny. So where is the line drawn in the sand?

Alot of where that line will get drawn depends on two things IMO.
1. What state is being affected

2. If it's the gun owning citizenry that draws the line or a " gun rights org"

In many states the line will be drawn and physically defended by the citizenry. As they have every right to do.

Invariably when the line is drawn by gun rights orgs, moderates rule the effort and proclaim things like "dont come armed, dont offend anyone ," etc.

Which simply emboldens the tyrants , and regulations that they would not dare have tried before get passed.

Va_Nemo

Scream, holler, rant and rave about my inadequacies. Go right ahead. Show everyone.

And then show your true beliefs. Just continue to ignore the question I ask-- And again, what did you do to expand gun rights in NC.

Nemo

solus

Scream, holler, rant and rave about my inadequacies. Go right ahead. Show everyone.

And then show your true beliefs. Just continue to ignore the question I ask-- And again, what did you do to expand gun rights in NC.

Nemo

sorry i have not screamed, holler[ed], rant[ed], and rave[d] about your inadequacies...as for showing everyone...nawll you did it yourself!

Nemo, what right do you believe gives you this presumption to ask ~ publicly, then continue to demand a response about my advocacy activities? My activities have been and will continue to be private and personally achieved known only to those close cohorts who have a need to know.

therefore, i will not facilitate nor entertain any further nonsensical commentary about the subject so please cease as your self-fulling my pappy's adage!

Last edited:

OC for ME

Until the Supreme Court makes clear that laws that are contrary to the right to keep and bear arms are void we will continue to have a battle on out hands. The court has made it clear, BUT they have not enforced their holdings. They keep allowing the lower courts to ignore their holdings.
SCOTUS will not enforce their toothless edicts on any of their 2A rulings...they certainly will enforce their countless edicts on Terry v. Ohio, QI, and any other ruling that holds state actors harmless for unlawful acts perpatrated against law abiding citizens.

Va_Nemo

sorry i have not screamed, holler[ed], rant[ed], and rave[d] about your inadequacies...as for showing everyone...nawll you did it yourself!

Nemo, what right do you believe gives you this presumption to ask ~ publicly, then continue to demand a response about my advocacy activities? My activities have been and will continue to be private and personally achieved known only to those close cohorts who have a need to know.

therefore, i will not facilitate nor entertain any further nonsensical commentary about the subject so please cease as your self-fulling my pappy's adage!

Sure seems to me your commentary is well described by my description. I could be wrong, but I am not.

As far as my right to ask-- you are squawking about what others are doing and trying to do is always insufficient and irrelevant to the political process. But others are doing things and trying to get the process to do or stop doing things that they support.

It all may be no more than bladder voiding into strong atmospheric movement, but its trying to get something done.

And again, other than the squawking around here-- what have you done/are you doing?

Nemo

solus

Sure seems to me your commentary is well described by my description. I could be wrong, but I am not.

As far as my right to ask-- you are squawking about what others are doing and trying to do is always insufficient and irrelevant to the political process. But others are doing things and trying to get the process to do or stop doing things that they support.

It all may be no more than bladder voiding into strong atmospheric movement, but its trying to get something done.

And again, other than the squawking around here-- what have you done/are you doing?

Nemo

so Nemo...what have you done for the cause...

so what was accomplished at VCDL's latest social event this year Nemo...let's see
1. governor locked down and issued no firearm edicts.
2. taxpayer $$ spent on both sides quick response challenging & defending said edict ~ judicially upheld.
3. taxpayer $$ spent on security fencing, extremely LE presence, but volunteers cleaned up afterwards.
4. legislative hijinks persist as red flag passes senate moving forward.
and the list goes on...trying...

ya know tis been proven legislators don't pay much heed to emails, blog posting, ranting crowds, etc so the usefulness of such social events isn't even worth trying...but ya know what does get politician attention is where there is active talk of recall, yet ther's not an iota of commentary from anybody of initiating recalls against the politicians ~ why?

quote 25 dec 2019 balletpedia
This year, fewer state and local recall efforts were started or reached the ballot compared to 2018. Ballotpedia covered 151 recall efforts against 230 officials in 2019. In comparison, 206 recall efforts targeted 299 officials in 2018. Since Ballotpedia released its first annual recall report in 2012, a minimum of 151 efforts (2019) and a maximum of 282 efforts (2016) have been covered each year.

In addition to having fewer recalls overall, 2019 also saw a lower success rate for recalls that made the ballot. Of the 66 officials whose recalls reached the ballot, 34 (52%) were recalled and 32 remained in office. Recall efforts in 2017 and 2018 both had a higher success rate, 56% and 63% respectively. unquote

right now the believes they are safe with daddy bloomy but tell the democratic machine pushing anti legislation your 26K strong group is hitting the community streets to gather citizens signatures for recall activities and see if their interest is queued ~ if just successful with 25% of those initiated ~ i am sure you now have their full attention for future discussions!

but nemo, i am truly sorry you believe you have been screamed, ad nauseam...cuz those who know me will attest i do not scream nor engage in disparaging nor demeaning dialogue towards another but know when my voice goes lower. things are about to get interesting!!!

so you were saying...

Va_Nemo

So we just try to get recalls started? Thats one option but in any event that will take much longer than the remainder of this session. So we fight the battle we have.

And as far as your voice going lower is that an indication you may be going to shut up? Or should I expect to be hacked, doxxed, stood up, knocked down, or what?

So what did you do to expand gun rights in your state and nationally today?

Nemo