• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FFL Transfer Fee

ecocks

A friend's cousin is telling him that in CA you can't find an FFL who will do a transfer for less than $75. My question is whether the guy is too lazy to really shop for a dealer to transfer through or whether this is really the case? Where we live I have a guy that does it for $10 and few would pay more than $35-40 for it.

mjones

A friend's cousin is telling him that in CA you can't find an FFL who will do a transfer for less than $75. My question is whether the guy is too lazy to really shop for a dealer to transfer through or whether this is really the case? Where we live I have a guy that does it for $10 and few would pay more than $35-40 for it.

For a CA resident to CA resident private party transfer there is a legislated maximum fee of, I think, $10. For an interstate transfer into CA there is no limit.

ecocks

Also should have mentioned he's in the Bay Area.

Just looking for an FFL who has a better rate.

Thanks in advance.

joeb12

Have him check with gun broker.com find a ffl. and look up Rob Blank in Milpitas. Or take his pick of other FFl.:banana:

Last edited:

ecocks

Thanks.

Seems like $50-65 is doable in the area which includes the mandatory state fee.