• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

finger printing

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought finger printing for CHPs had been done away with. If so, Southampton has an illegal ordinance. ..I ran across it looking at their dog laws.
I don't have a dog in that fight (pun intended).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Appreciate the link - they also have an illegal ordinance on transporting firearms, Sec 17.8

Put both in the hopper to PVC to begin the process to have these corrected.

I may run across other rural county faux pas in my quest to rid the world of invading dog hunters.

solus

good heavens...shades of the Hounds of Baskerville will Sir Arthur Doyle turn in his grave over the sequel being accomplished?

ipse

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
good heavens...shades of the Hounds of Baskerville will Sir Arthur Doyle turn in his grave over the sequel being accomplished?

ipse

No....The Hounds of Baskerville is a classic...this is more like "Bubba thinks Posted is french for welcome in Virginia".

Last edited:

IanB

Ohhhh fingerprinting! [one word, NOT two] As in taking an imprint of ones finger ridge pattern.

I thought this thread was about having your hands in your pockets, pointing your index finger down to mimic a gun, and finger printing [two words, NOT one] through your pants material. That would be a brandishing violation according to Surry Commonwealth Attorney. Thank goodness this was benign and not about finger brandishing.

IanB

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ohhhh fingerprinting! [one word, NOT two] As in taking an imprint of ones finger ridge pattern.

I thought this thread was about having your hands in your pockets, pointing your index finger down to mimic a gun, and finger printing [two words, NOT one] through your pants material. That would be a brandishing violation according to Surry Commonwealth Attorney. Thank goodness this was benign and not about finger brandishing.

IanB
A lot depends on which finger one is pointing or brandishing......unless you are punting, as in multiple barrels.

va_tazdad

IanB

But only when the Surry CA isn't drinking and driving. He sees men with guns everywhere. ;>)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
But only when the Surry CA isn't drinking and driving. He sees men with guns everywhere. ;>)

Don't any of you start with the one word, two word, punctuation or proper grammer.

I have named this phone Reed because it says what it wants no matter what I put in it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't any of you start with the one word, two word, punctuation or proper grammer.

I have named this phone Reed because it says what it wants no matter what I put in it.

Does Reid read the same as reed?

I ask because i really want to know. Do others have a problem with this. I carry a folding knife. Will I have a problem doing this where you live. It is my right - I know the laws. Just curious.:lol: