• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms facts and data in the Post Newtown era

Edward Peruta

THESE 20 REQUESTS WERE SUBMITTED ON OCTOBER 6TH 2014

Types of Electronic Data and Public Records
that will, or may be, requested from DESPP on a monthlyor as needed basis

1. Complete Criminal History extract data
DESPP maintains and provides the Criminal History database quarterly and unilaterally refuses to export the data and make it available on a more frequent schedule or upon request.

2. All firearms known to have been purchased or obtained by individuals in the State of Connecticut prior to October 1, 2014
DESPP has in the past and currently does maintain one or more databases of all firearms purchased from licensed firearm dealers where a DPS-3 forms or other state or federal
paperwork isexecuted. This database is often referenced and used as a registrationdatabase by members of law enforcement and the courts.

3. All firearms surrendered to or listed as destroyed by theState of Connecticut or private individuals
Surrendered, seized or forfeited firearms are regularlydestroyed by DESPP for a variety of reasons alongwith firearms destroyed or rendered permanently inoperable by owners
inaccordance with past and currentstate law.

4. Email addresses of Connecticut firearm dealers
The FOIC has ordered the partial release of email addresses.

5. Phone numbers of Connecticut firearm dealers
In addition to email addresses, phone numbers ofConnecticut Firearm dealers are maintained for use in some type of database used to contact dealers through an automatedphone
system.

6. All assault style weapons known to have been purchased inthe State of Connecticut
DESPP has created and maintains within their computer database(s), informationwhich will identify all "ASSAULTWEAPONS" obtained from firearm dealers or mandatory state
and federalpaperwork.

7. All assault weapons registered in the State of Connecticut
DESPP maintains a database which contains data on allpurchased and registered "ASSUALT WEAPONS'since January 1, 2014

8. All assault weapons registered on or after January 1st 2014
DESPP has publicly acknowledged that one or more mandatedassault weapon registrations were acceptedand approved after the mandatory filing deadline of December 31, 2014.

9. All rejectedfirearm registrations
DESPP is known to have rejected one or more madated"ASSUALT WEAPON" declarations or other types of mandated paperworkin one or more cases where the registration
forms were postmarked and/or received after the December 31,2013 deadline.

10. All deniedPermits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers issue
DESPP's Special License and Firearms Unit, (SLFU),maintains a database which includes data on deniedpermits to carry.

11. All valid Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers, EligibilityCertificates or other permit types neededto obtain, purchase, possess or carry firearms or ammunition in CT
DESPP's SLFU maintains a database of various types ofPermits to purchase, possess, carry and buy ammunitionfor firearms.

12. Data on allrevoked Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers
DESPP maintains a working database listing denials andrevocations of Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers

13. All SpecialLicense and Firearm Unit, (SLFU), notes and data on denied and revoked Permitsto Carry Pistols and Revolvers
DESPP's SLFU maintains a detailed spreadsheet styledatabase on a variety of permit related situations

14. Complete list ofall DESPP unit heads responsible for maintaining and releasing public records
DESPP unit heads are delegated as the decision makers onreleasing public records under FOI and need tobe named, (rather than legal affairs), in all requests for access or copies.
In order to request civil penaltiesat FOI, responsible individuals must be known and named.

15. Complete list ofall backlogged/pending State Criminal History Records checks
DESPP's SPBI unit often claims that a backlog exists inprocessing State Criminal History record checks. Acquisition of public records will documentthe number of backlogged
record checks.

16. Complete excel spreadsheetof ALL FOI requests received at DESPP
DESPP legal affairs logs and tracks the receipt andstatus of FOI requests made to units within DESPP.

17. All InternalAffairs/Professional Standards files regarding allegations against members ofDESPP.

18. Complete list ofall PAST AND CURRENT sworn DESPP personnel subject to Brady listing since JANUARY 1, 2010.
DESPP has sworn personnel who are subject to being listedunder the BRADY decision.

19. Complete list ofall complaints, (Internal Affairs Complaints), made to the ProfessionalStandards Unit.

20. All Proposedlegislation documents showing what DESPP would like to have submitted to and through the Office of Policy andManagement for review and submission to
the next legislative session.

#1 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

DESPP Commissioner Dora B. Schriro
State of Connecticut
Department of Emergency Servicesand Public Protection
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457

In accordance with the "disclosureof computer-stored public records" mandates contained in Section1-211(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, please provide the undersignedwith prompt access to inspect and "a copy of" the followingextracted "non-exempt data contained in" computers located at,or used by your agency.

Complete Connecticut Criminal History database of extracted data

The current Criminal History database through the month ofthis request

It is further requested that theexported data or documents be provided as "an electronic copy"in the same format as previously provided on a DVD "storagedevice" or sent to the undersigned at the following "electronicemail address" edperuta@amcable.tv.

To prevent the need to file a formalFOI complaint, please provide the requested access to, and copy of therequested public records by the 21st day of this month.

In my absence, I authorize AttorneyRachel M. Baird to act in my behalf to access, review and obtain the requestedrecords.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and InformationServices Inc.
c/o Attorney Rachel M. Baird
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790
860-978-5455 or 860-626-9991

#2 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

In accordance with the "disclosureof computer-stored public records" mandates contained in Section1-211(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, please provide the undersignedwith prompt access to inspect and "a copy of" the followingextracted "non-exempt data contained in" computers located at,or used by your agency.

Computer stored non-exempt datafields containing but not limited to the town, make, model, Caliber and serialnumber of:

All firearms known to have been purchased, obtained by, or in thepossession of, individualsin the State of Connecticut prior to October 1,

DESPP has in the past, and currently does, maintain one ormore databases of all firearmspurchased from licensed firearm dealers where a DPS-3 forms or
other state or federal paperwork was executed. This database is often referenced and used asa registration database by members of law enforcement and
the courts.

It is further requested that theexported data or documents be provided as "an electronic copy"in Microsoft excel or Access on a DVD "storage device" or sentto the undersigned at the following "electronic email address" edperuta@amcable.tv.

To prevent the need to file a formalFOI complaint, please provide the requested access to, and copy of therequested public records by the 21st day of this month.

In my absence, I authorize AttorneyRachel M. Baird to act in my behalf to access, review and obtain the requestedrecords.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790
860-978-5455or 860-626-9991

#3 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All firearms surrendered to, or listed as destroyed, by the Stateof Connecticut or private individuals

Surrendered, seized or forfeited firearms are regularlydestroyed by DESPP for a variety ofreasons along with firearms destroyed or rendered permanently
inoperable byowners in accordance with past andcurrent state law.

It is further requested that theexported data or documents be provided as "an electronic copy"in Microsoft Excel or Access on a DVD "storage device" or sentto the undersigned at the following "electronic email address" edperuta@amcable.tv.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#4 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Email addresses of Connecticut firearm dealers

The FOIC has ordered the partial release of Firearm Dealer's email addresses.

It is further requested that theexported data or documents be provided as "an electronic copy"in Microsoft Excel or Access on a DVD "storage device" or sentto the undersigned at the following "electronic email address" edperuta@amcable.tv.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#5 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Phone numbers of Connecticut firearm dealers

In addition to email addresses, phone numbers ofConnecticut Firearm dealers are maintainedfor use in some type of DESPP database used to contact
dealers through an automated phone system.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#6 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All assault style weapons known to have been possessed, purchasedor acquired inthe State of Connecticut

DESPP has created and maintains within their computer database(s),information which will identify all"ASSAULT WEAPONS" obtained from firearm
dealers or mandatory state and federal paperwork.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#7 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
Department of Emergency Services andPublic Protection
1111 Country Club Road

In accordance with the "disclosureof computer-stored public records" mandates contained in Section1-211(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, please provide the undersigned withprompt access to inspect and "a copy of" the followingextracted "non-exempt data contained in" computers located at,or used by your agency.

All assault weapons registered in the State of Connecticut

DESPP maintains a database which contains data on allpurchased and registered "ASSUALT WEAPONS'since January 1, 2014

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and Information ServicesInc.
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#8 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All assault weapons registered on or after January 1st 2014

DESPP has publicly acknowledged that one or more mandatedassault weapon registrations were received and accepted for registrations afterthe
mandatory filing deadline ofDecember 31, 2014.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#9 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All rejected firearm registrations

DESPP is known to have rejected one or more mandated"ASSUALT WEAPON" declarationsor or other types of mandated paperwork in one or more
cases where the registration forms were postmarked and/orreceived after the December 31, 2013 deadline.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#10 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All denied Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers issue

DESPP's Special License and Firearms Unit, (SLFU),maintains a database which includesdata on all denied permits to carry.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#11 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All valid Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers, EligibilityCertificates or other permittypes needed to obtain, purchase, possess or carry
firearms or ammunition in CT

DESPP's SLFU maintains a database of various types ofPermits to purchase, possess, carry andbuy ammunition for firearms.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#12 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Data on all revoked Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers

DESPP maintains a working database listing denials andrevocations of Permit to Carry Pistolsand Revolvers

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#13 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All Special License and Firearm Unit, (SLFU), notes and data ondenied and revokedPermits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers

DESPP's SLFU maintains a detailed spreadsheet styledatabase on a variety of permit relatedsituations

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#14 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Complete list of all DESPP unit heads responsible for maintainingand releasing publicrecords

DESPP unit heads are delegated as the decision makers onreleasing public records under FOIand need to be named, (rather than legal affairs), in all
requests for access or copies. Inorder to request civil penalties at FOI, responsible individuals must beknown and named.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#15 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Complete list of all backlogged/pending State Criminal HistoryRecords checks

DESPP's SPBI unit often claims that a backlog exists inprocessing State Criminal History recordchecks. Acquisition of public recordswill document the
number of backlogged recordchecks.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#16 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

In accordance with the "disclosureof computer-stored public records" mandates contained in Section1-211(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, please provide the undersignedwith prompt access to inspect and "a copy of" the following extracted"non-exempt data contained in" computers located at, or usedby your agency.

Complete excel spreadsheet of ALL FOI requests received at DESPP

DESPP legal affairs logs and tracks the receipt and statusof FOI requests made to units within DESPP.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#17 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

In accordance with the "disclosureof computer-stored public records" mandates contained in Section1-211(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, please provide the undersignedwith prompt access to inspect and "a copy of" the following extracted"non-exempt data contained in" computers located at, or usedby your agency.

All Internal Affairs/Professional Standards files regardingallegations against currentlyserving members of DESPP.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#18 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Complete list of all PAST AND CURRENT sworn DESPP personnel knownto be subjectto Brady listing.

DESPP has had and may currently have sworn personnel who are subject to beinglisted under the BRADY decision.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and Information ServicesInc.
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#19 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

Complete list of all complaints, (Internal Affairs Complaints),made to the Commissioneror Professional Standards Unit.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

#20 of 20 MonthlyFOI request for computer stored data

October 6, 2014

State of Connecticut
1111 Country Club Road

All Proposed legislation documents showing what DESPP would liketo have submittedto and through the Office of Policy and Management
for review and submission to the next legislative session.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
8 Church Street
Torrington, CT. 06790

FACTS

Types of requests:

Edward Peruta and/orAmerican News and information Services Inc., make frequent and sometimes regular FOI requests to the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection for "PROMPT ACCESS TO INSPECT" to a variety of public records individually and in behalf of American News, Attorney Rachel M. Baird, Attorney Baird's clients and other individuals who desire toremain anonymous out of fear of retaliation.

Items 1-20 above list the types of public records that have been and will be requested on a monthly or as needed basis in the future.

Requests for computerized firearm related databases from DESPP/SLFU became necessary to document and verify facts and government statements following the U.S. Supreme Court decisions in Heller, (2008), McDonald, (2010) and
the 2013 Connecticut Firearm legislation .
Most if not all of the FOI requests made by Edward Peruta and/or American News and information Services Inc. since January 1, 2013 have been and are related to existing and FIREARM issues and LAW ENFORCEMENT policies and practices in the post Newtown era.

In early 2013, Assistant Attorney General Terrance O'Neill requested that a case involving destroyed public records be withdrawn and assured Edward Peruta and American News that future FOI requests would be handled properly.

Selected release of data to favored individuals or news outlets:

DESPP personnel have selectively provided information to, and answered questions posed by, favored/friendly news outlets during the period when outstanding FOI requests or complaints forsimilar information were pending from others.

Inability to ask Questions of public agencies leads to FOI requests:

Public agencies,particularly The Connecticut Department of Public Safety and Public Protectionlegal affairs unit have stated correctly that FOI does not require a publicagency, or public employees to ANSWER QUESTIONS. Decisions to not answer questions creates theneed to obtain raw data for review.

The need to obtain ALL raw computerized data:

In response to a public agencies policy of not answering questions, FOI requests are made to obtain ALL question related rawcomputer stored data so that the data or public records may be obtained reviewed and analyzed to obtain the ANSWER(s)that the public agency refuses to provide.

Examples of the cause and effect of not providingdetailed answers are available upon request.

During any Media or lawfirm investigation, ACCESS to, or COPIES of, electronically stored computerdatabases are often requested so that the raw computer data obtained may beanalyzed to verify or discredit information released or reported by othersources.

DESPP EXCUSES OFFERED PRIVATELY AND ON THE RECORD:

For as much as a yearafter the abrupt departure of two attorneys from the DESPP Legal Affairs Unitin mid 2012, Attorney Janet Ainsworth offered on the record and privately,excuses that the Legal Affairs Unit was in turmoil by the fact that Attorney Dawn Hillier and Attorney Thomas Hatfield had abruptly resigned or retired from their state jobs without explanation, discussion or notice and failed to keep DESPP informed of their whereabouts after leaving state service.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING FOI REQUESTS:

During a previous settlement in a previous FOI matter regarding destroyed public records, (in the presence of Attorney Rachel M. Baird and Public Records Administrator Leann Power), the state requested that the case be withdrawn and offered in return, assurances that delays and denials would not occur in the future.

At the time of settlement, the state, (Attorney Terrance O'Neill), was verbally put on notice that in addition to the case being withdrawn, ALL pending FOI cases would also be withdrawn on the condition that there would be a fresh start regarding future FOI requests and how they would be handled.

As part of the agreement to drop/withdraw the pending case(s), Edward Peruta put the state and FOIC on notice that it would be the last settlement and withdrawal, and each future violation would result in a complaint with
NO plans to negotiate or settle FOI cases short of a formal decision following a formal hearing on the merits of each delay or denial.

All FOI complaints made or pending since the settlement of several pending FOI cases in early 2013 area directly related to the possible
retaliatory animus against Edward Peruta, American News and Information Services, Attorney Rachel M. Baird, Attorney Mitchell Lake, Richard Burgess and Connecticut Carry.

Collectively, we believe that the state has, (without consequence), intentionally ignored various statutory mandates regarding FOI and previous FOI orders in their attempt to create the current scenario of multiple complaints pending before the FOIC.

The solution for the FOIC is simple:

NO unreasonable delays = No complaints
NO unjustified denials = No complaints

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sec. 1-240. (Formerly Sec. 1-21k). Penalties. (a) Any person who wilfully, knowingly and with intent to do so, destroys, mutilates or otherwise disposes of any public record without the approval required under section 1-18 or unless pursuant to chapter 47 or 87l, or who alters any public record, shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and each such occurrence shall constitute a separate offense.

(b) Any member of any public agency who fails to comply with an order of the Freedom of Information Commission shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and each occurrence of failure to comply with such order shall constitute a separate offense. (P.A. 75-342, §16; P.A. 79-631, §24; P.A. 82-188, §2.)

File a criminal complaint -- under (b) --- DESPP has been ordered to comply with the Act numerous times ... yet they still do not. That is if you have any pending before the commission still.

I filed a criminal complaint ... the SA stated that DESPP did not yet violate the Act again in the instance or circumstances that I filed my complaint about to the SA. So it looks like the SA does at least examine criminal complaints.

I also have their policies regarding FOIA requests and they require a written request for inspection of records, demand that you ID yourself, etc...all not required under the Act. And they have with me asked me stupid questions .. I tell them to drop dead basically, my requests are comprehensible to a 5 yr old....they just don't want to provide the records ~ especially those related to the Sandy Hook shooting.

Ex: 9-24-14 response to a verbal request:

It is my understanding that you have expressed some interest in obtaining information through FOIA over the telephone. As you are aware, we request that FOIA requests be submitted in writing. This is so that we know exactly what you are requesting and can process the requests accordingly. Thanks.

Christine P. Plourde, Esq.

I be preparing an appeal to the lousy useless commission ... and likely another complaint to the SA soon.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
2014-075 Peruta and American News and Information Services, Inc. v. DESPP
2014-076 Peruta and American News and Information Servs. Inc. v. DESPP
2014-007 Peruta v. DESPP
2014-419 Peruta v. DESPP
2014-051 Peruta/American News & Information Services v. DESPP
2014-052 Peruta/American News & Information Services v. DESPP
2014-065 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc.
2014-049 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-050 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-053 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-054 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-055 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-056 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-057 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-058 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-059 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-060 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-418 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-061 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-062 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-063 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-064 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP

You did not drop all these cases, did you Ed?

Edward Peruta

Basic questions to ask despp representatives at foi hearings

BASIC QUESTIONS TO ASK AT FOI HEARINGS

On what date was the current FOI request received at your agency?

Date: ____________________________________

Who within the DESPP legal affairs unit was initially assigned to handle the collection, review, release or denial of the requested public records?

Name and title
:____________________________________

Have any requests for similar type public records been received, reviewed or released by your agency in the past?

Please answer
: Yes or No

On what date was the standard FOI acknowledgement sent to the requestor?

Date

On what date did legal affairs firstattempt to retrieve the requested public records for review and release?

Date

Who is the responsible person for gathering, reviewing and sending the requested public records to the DESPP Legal Affairs Unit for FOI review.

Name and title:____________________________________

Were any additional requests required to obtain the requested public records for review and release?

Please answer

On what date did legal affairs receive the requested information for review and release?

Date

Were there any problems or delays in obtaining the requested information for review, release or denial?

Please answer

Were any of the requested public records stored in DESPP controlled computer system(s) or software program
purchased after July 1, 1992?

Please answer

If stored in a computer system, please provide the name(s) of the systems or software used to maintain, manipulate, extract or export non exempt date upon request and the date of acquisition and implementation at DESPP.

System/Software: _________________________
Date of acquisition:___________

Are any software data "FIELDS" or portions of the requested computer stored public
records
non exempt and releasable under FOI?

Please answer: Yes or No

Approximately how long does it take to select and export the requested computer data?

Time: ____________________________________

Please provide a brief description of the public information selection, extraction and
export process.

Answer
:________________________________________________________

What unit(s) within DESPP had or have custody and/or control of the requested public information?

Unit: ____________________________________

Who is the Commissioner's
designated supervisor and/or custodian of the requested records with authority to grant access or release same?

Name and title: ____________________________________

Please provide the name and title of each individual who authorized or participated in the decision to deny access to, or copies of, the requested records?

Last edited:

Edward Peruta

2014-075 Peruta and American News and Information Services, Inc. v. DESPP
2014-076 Peruta and American News and Information Servs. Inc. v. DESPP
2014-007 Peruta v. DESPP
2014-419 Peruta v. DESPP
2014-051 Peruta/American News & Information Services v. DESPP
2014-052 Peruta/American News & Information Services v. DESPP
2014-065 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc.
2014-049 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-050 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-053 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-054 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-055 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-056 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-057 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-058 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-059 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-060 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-418 Peruta/American News and Information Services Inc. v. DESPP
2014-061 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-062 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-063 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP
2014-064 Peruta/American News and Information Services v. DESPP

You did not drop all these cases, did you Ed?

No, I will never settle or drop any cases as a direct result of deception on the part of the AG's office in January of 2013.

Edward Peruta

Position Statement re FOI requests for firearm related data and facts

POSITION STATEMENT

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

The time and resources DESPP staff and the Attorney General's Office put into defending unreasonable delays in extracting, reviewing and providing access to, and copies of, non-exempt public records could have been, and should be, used to extract, review and provide the requested access and/or copies of public records in a timely manner according to the current provisions of state law.

To see how times have changed, read Docket #FIC 1996-616

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.state.ct.us/foi/1997FD/19970813/1996-616.htm

8. The respondents contend that it would have taken a substantial amount of time for the complainant to inspect the subject file which is approximately two inches thick, and that because the respondent supervisor was scheduled to leave at 3:00 p.m. and the records clerk at 4:00 p.m., there would not have been sufficient time to allow the complainant to inspect the file that day. They further contend that the complainant’s and the respondent department’s needs can be best served if the complainant makes an appointment to inspect and obtain copies of records.

9. The complainant on the other hand, contends that the respondent department’s posted business hours for that day was until 5:00 p.m.; that it would have taken him ten to fifteen minutes to inspect the file; that he offered to return on another day to pick up any copies of records requested that could not be made that day; and that instead of allowing him to inspect the file, the respondents spent almost an hour insisting that he make an appointment.

10. It is found that under the facts and circumstances of this case the respondents denied the complainant the right to inspect the requested records promptly.

Oh my////