• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first time

rahartwell

Well I am as nervous as when I CCW for the first time. Tomorrow I am planing on open carry for the first time. This knock out game has got me just a little scared. I am getting on the old side and i think that I would be a perfect target. I am not very big or strong. My new holster has not come in yet so It will be a 44 special in cross draw. I hope it looks big and scary to those people that might think me easy. I am kind of scared to carry like this but I am almost afraid not to.

JHART

Congrats on your decision to open carry.
I too have decided to open carry. I have been doing it for one month now. I can tell you that from my experience,that people really don't even notice that much. I carry strong side at 3 o'clock in a black holster,with an all black firearm. I wear dark jeans and a dark tucked in shirt. It blends quite well.
The only time anyone even notices is when I'm in a line of people, waiting to pay at the register. I do catch people staring sometimes.
I open carry because to me it is comfortable. I can also carry a full size weapon that holds several rounds,and I like the fact that if I need it in an instant, It is for me, easy to draw.

I haven't really had any experience negative or positive. Like I said,In my area,people either don't notice or don't care.

Super6O

Well, how'd it go? I myself have Open Carried in Wichita ever since the city amended their ordinance to be in line with the state, and can also relate that very few people even notice, and those that do don't have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.40

Check out Kansas Open Carry on fb. There is a group to join and a page to like. Ask questions and converse with other OCers. We are having an OC dinner Saturday night at 5 at Jose peppers off of midland drive and 435 in Lenexa. Feel free to come eat and visit with other like minded people.

Buckwheat

Check out Kansas Open Carry on fb. There is a group to join and a page to like. Ask questions and converse with other OCers. We are having an OC dinner Saturday night at 5 at Jose peppers off of midland drive and 435 in Lenexa. Feel free to come eat and visit with other like minded people.

Sorry but I do not have FB,,,, I would have liked to have attended,,,,I do find it interesting that this was at Jose Peppers,,,because when Kansas CCW first started the owner of Jose Peppers posted all his restaurants with a gun buster signage. The owners Sister worked at the Metcalf location and I asked her about the posting,,,her answer to me was,,,"who would want to eat dinner next to someone who was carrying a dangerous GUN" she emphasized gun. I do not know if they are posted or not or what the owners position is currently ,,,I assume it is favorable since the dinner is there.

Just some history for anyone interested.