• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fl governorship to go to Demonrats?

77zach

Interesting article in that it shows the extreme tyranny and statism that Florida Repubican law makers love. Also, conservative "Blue Dog" or not, John Morgan talking to Roger Stone (an early and important Trump advisor) is bad news for gun owners. If Morgan wins I think we can say that there will be no open carry in Florida or "gun free zone" removals for 4-8 years.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/…/john-morgan-files…/454613453

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Interesting article in that it shows the extreme tyranny and statism that Florida Repubican law makers love. Also, conservative "Blue Dog" or not, John Morgan talking to Roger Stone (an early and important Trump advisor) is bad news for gun owners. If Morgan wins I think we can say that there will be no open carry in Florida or "gun free zone" removals for 4-8 years.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/…/john-morgan-files…/454613453
Linky no worky.

Florida is loaded with snowbirds that bring their negative ways with them and vote accordingly.

utbagpiper

Banned
Florida is loaded with snowbirds that bring their negative ways with them and vote accordingly.

This is and will be the great challenge faced by successful States. I watched as my own hometown was overrun by Californians fleeing crime and high costs. They came to Southern Utah because it was such a great place to live. But most of them only made it a year before they were complaining that it wasn't the same as the place they left. They seemed utterly incapable of recognizing the connection between various social mores or legislation and the problems they had fled.

In a host of areas including RKBA, residents of States that are successful need to give some thought to how to discourage those who support failed social, economic, and other policies and laws from wanting to relocate in the successful State. In a better world, States would be allowed to impose something like a 5 year residency and maybe even ownership requirement before newcomers cold vote. But we don't get to do that.

Good gun laws won't keep the gun grabbers away. But some thought ought to be given to what measures might make an area less inviting to those whose first order of business would be turn the area into the same failed mess they fled in the first place.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
This is and will be the great challenge faced by successful States. I watched as my own hometown was overrun by Californians fleeing crime and high costs. They came to Southern Utah because it was such a great place to live. But most of them only made it a year before they were complaining that it wasn't the same as the place they left. They seemed utterly incapable of recognizing the connection between various social mores or legislation and the problems they had fled.

In a host of areas including RKBA, residents of States that are successful need to give some thought to how to discourage those who support failed social, economic, and other policies and laws from wanting to relocate in the successful State. In a better world, States would be allowed to impose something like a 5 year residency and maybe even ownership requirement before newcomers cold vote. But we don't get to do that.

Good gun laws won't keep the gun grabbers away. But some thought ought to be given to what measures might make an area less inviting to those whose first order of business would be turn the area into the same failed mess they fled in the first place.
And it is happening in WY.