• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those PPK & PPK/S owners...

darthmord

imported post

Keep on the lookout for delivery trucks. If you had to send in your Walther PPK or PPK/S for warranty work due to the recall, it may be coming back soon.

I just got a package from Fedex yesterday and it was 'Adult Signature Required'. Ended up having to pick it up at the Fedex office for my area since I wasn't home at the time.

I would like to know what ammunition S&W uses to test fire. Whatever it is, it's a filthy ammo. I sent them a clean and pristine firearm. I get it back and the thing looks like it was run through a firing range and several hundred rounds. It's dirty!:cuss:

I come from a school of thought that unwashed gear is dirty gear. My poor PPK/S is filthy as all get out. The internals look like theywere never cleaned in the firearm's entire life.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Speaking of sending a pistol in for repair:

Do I have to send it through an FFL or can I send it directly to the manufacturer for repair and can they send it back to me?

I don't want to ask a cop, because I KNOW they'll say I have to use an FFL... What say you all?

GWRedDragon

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Speaking of sending a pistol in for repair:

Do I have to send it through an FFL or can I send it directly to the manufacturer for repair and can they send it back to me?

I don't want to ask a cop, because I KNOW they'll say I have to use an FFL... What say you all?
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]18USC922:
[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](a) It shall be unlawful:[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](1) or any person:[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce;or[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](B) except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce;[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, except that:[/font][/size]
[size="-1"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"](A) this paragraph and subsection (b)(3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received;and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliance with Federal, State, and local law to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector;[/font][/size]

No FFL required. You still cannot send it through USPS, but any private carrier is okay.

Why do you expect the police to know the law? Maybe if you called BATFE...but why not just read about it yourself :)

darthmord

imported post

You can also contact your firearm manufacturer's customer service line. S&W's reps are very good at their jobs. We asked how we would ship our firearms to them and they told us the procedure, explaining it to the detail and letter required.

Then they sent us the labels via email. All we had to do was box up the firearms, print the labels, and take it all to the local UPS store that handles firearms (we were given a special UPS number to call).

Very painless procedure.