• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former ATF Agent to Speak at Anti-gun Group's Event - 3/10/19 - Lexington Library

solus

There is nothing in the forum rules that requires a person to cite other posts. Why do people try to enforce non-existent rules? It's like cops trying to enforce laws that don't exist. Here is the rule:
(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available, is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

Apparently, some of us don't know the rules.

Gutshot, when one espouses that “ I know that I have changed minds within the Montgomery, AL police department. The results are well-documented.” Readers would immediately recognize that eye95 was not changing LE’s minds about anything BUT rules of law. Unless he was conducting a bbq cooking class?

Eye95’s tone & tenor, coupled with his nuance and posted bravado intent in his post was for his objectives and purposes geared to show the readership his ability to ‘change’ minds, LEs minds are geared towards statutory compliance...therefore...he is stating rules of law, therefore cites, per forum rule 5, are required.

Some might just wish to ‘appreciate’ his success with AL goode olde boy mind changing techiques ~ Fair!

Last edited:

solus

Still not reading my words correctly. Please try again.

Yes, I know that this response shows you no respect as an adult. Want it? Give it.

Sigh, eye95 there you go slipping back into previous behaviour of childish name calling tirades which you exhibited right before you were banned from the site before...

Last edited:

solus

There is nothing in the forum rules that requires a person to cite other posts. Why do people try to enforce non-existent rules? It's like cops trying to enforce laws that don't exist. Here is the rule:
(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available, is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

Apparently, some of us don't know the rules.

Part duex...gutshot might wish to review the self idolization proclamation made by eye95 ‘affecting’ LAWS, again without any hide nor hare of a cite mentioned,
https://forum.opencarry.org/index.p...-mart-on-atlanta-highway.122211/#post-2239392

Your kind apology to this member your unnecessarily chided about not knowing forum rules is accepted and for the record still awaiting eye95’s cites to support his bravado!

Ghost1958

Still not reading my words correctly. Please try again.

Yes, I know that this response shows you no respect as an adult. Want it? Give it.

Then sir you have no idea what you mean when you compose a sentence.

Either you mean you changed a few cops way of thinking ,in which case that is not well documented by any official source.

Or you changed dept policy and there would be official documentation.

It is one or the other. I suspect the latter.

eye95

No, sir, you are still reading my words incorrectly. I wrote a few very simple sentences that say very precisely what I meant them to say. You are reading into them that which I did not say.

If you care to discuss precisely what I said like an adult, let’s. If not, I won’t show any respect to your trolling.

Ghost1958

No, sir, you are still reading my words incorrectly. I wrote a few very simple sentences that say very precisely what I meant them to say. You are reading into them that which I did not say.

If you care to discuss precisely what I said like an adult, let’s. If not, I won’t show any respect to your trolling.
Last try.

You alluded that you changed PD policy. And there was documentation .

You did not , got called on providing the " documentation " which does not exist and started crawdadding.

What you apparently did was simply buck up on some over zealous cops over illegal stops . Which may have lowered the incidence of those stops but surely changed nobody's mind thru discussion, winning hearts and minds etc.

Then you claimed non existent documentation using other posters posts as documentation. " well documented ".

That sir is NOT documentation. Its internet posts .

eye95

Last try.

You alluded that you changed PD policy. And there was documentation .

You did not , got called on providing the " documentation " which does not exist and started crawdadding.

What you apparently did was simply buck up on some over zealous cops over illegal stops . Which may have lowered the incidence of those stops but surely changed nobody's mind thru discussion, winning hearts and minds etc.

Then you claimed non existent documentation using other posters posts as documentation. " well documented ".

That sir is NOT documentation. Its internet posts .
I actually spent about an hour drafting a reply. I posted it, then deleted it.

I still detected too much snark in your post to dignify your demand with a reply.

It is unfortunate that this is your last try. If you had tried a little respect, I would have left my reply in place.

As it stands now, you can do you know what up a rope.

You and your buddies should feel free to keep trashing this once-great site.

solus

More petulant childish name calling behavioural tirades towards members...are you doing alright eye95...i mean your emotionalism seems a bit fragile at the moment.

solus

I still detected too much snark in your post to dignify your demand with a reply.

It is unfortunate that this is your last try. If you had tried a little respect, I would have left my reply in place.

Mate, displaying even more bizzare behavioural commentary tirades against this forum’s membership and now as well as derogatory remarks against the forum itself.

I now understand the late grape’s decision and other forum’s decisions now!

Ghost1958

T

To late. I read your post. Your welcome.

That said . Internet hearsay is NOT documentation.

If you think 3 interactions of standing on the law regarding illegal stops changed any cops mind about anything you don't know cops my friend.

The point I was making before this went to your Robin Hood like exploits in Alabama was this.

Going to meetings of rabid anti gun idiots only lends credence to their idiotic thoughts with the press.

As if somehow you agree with their silliness.

Gutshot said it himself. Nothing was accomplished by the 3 or 4 gun owners ocing to a mad cow meeting .

Ghost1958

God love you, John. You have allowed these three to kill your once-great site.
3?

I'm one. Speaking my opinion like everyone else. That that opinion differs with yours on certain subjects hardly destroys a site. This one or any other.

solus

God love you, John. You have allowed these three to kill your once-great site.

Mate are you doing truly ok as you seem to be decompensating rapidly, and exhibiting and spewing childish petulance more than normal.

Would you like us to dispatch someone to you to provide assistance to you to assure you’re ok?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

You are the one being trashed, not this forum. You are a sniveling little brat. Yes I violated the rules. Sometimes the rules need to be broken. Grow-up little man, grow-up.

John you are free to delete this at any time.

P/S I'm reporting myself.........

poetdante

You are the one being trashed, not this forum. You are a sniveling little brat. Yes I violated the rules. Sometimes the rules need to be broken. Grow-up little man, grow-up.

John you are free to delete this at any time.

P/S I'm reporting myself.........

I feel like this discussion should have it’s own thread and not detract from the purpose of the original OP: discussing how to effectively combat lies from the opposition.

solus

I feel like this discussion should have it’s own thread and not detract from the purpose of the original OP: discussing how to effectively combat lies from the opposition.

Poetdante, this thread’s topic sailed off to the netherworld a logggg time ago...this thread should be closed.