• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum is kind of a turn off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcris10sen

Seems like there's a lot of smart aleks, elitists and cop haters in the forums. Quite a turn off tbh. While there's a ton of good, smart people on here, the amount of, well, a-holes is quite frustrating And lately I've been turning to other forums for information and discussions. I mean I see some legit questions on here and discussions only to be ruined by them. Just kind of feel like of you don't have anything nice to say ore I'd doesn't pertain to the question or conversation, don't comment especially if you know it might make someone angry or annoyed. The elitists on here are really bad. Anyone else feel this way?

solus

if you leave all the fun ppl whom you know their quarks and work with.

but pm & let's chat about an observation i noted.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Seems like there's a lot of smart aleks, elitists and cop haters in the forums. Quite a turn off tbh. While there's a ton of good, smart people on here, the amount of, well, a-holes is quite frustrating And lately I've been turning to other forums for information and discussions. I mean I see some legit questions on here and discussions only to be ruined by them. Just kind of feel like of you don't have anything nice to say ore I'd doesn't pertain to the question or conversation, don't comment especially if you know it might make someone angry or annoyed. The elitists on here are really bad. Anyone else feel this way?
I would say that there are a few rather than a lot. You do have the option of adding them to your ignore list.

If something doesn't pertain to a particular thread, it is deemed off topic and don't feed trolls, please.

Serious breaches of Forum Rules or decorum WILL be addressed.

In my not so humble opinion, there is no other forum that can hold a candle to OCDO - still there will always be room for improvement.

WalkingWolf

OP I believe your post is an insult to the members of this board. AFAIK there are no haters here, or very few, if any. There are people here who are very vested in the constitution, and rights. Not sure what you mean by elitist, but I have not seen what you have seen, and I have gone a round with almost everybody at one time or another.

If liberty is disturbing, or elitist to you then this may not be the site for you, IMO.

As far as smart alecs, yea they are on every site, I am sometimes one of them, we here call it humor, or sarcasm.

Have Gun - Will Carry

The elitists on here are really bad. Anyone else feel this way?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now that right there is a classic! :lol:

No, no elitists around here... uh-uh, don't know where you would get an idea like that one, nope! Never seen any of those in all my time here, no siree... :rolleyes:

ericcris10sen

OP I believe your post is an insult to the members of this board. AFAIK there are no haters here, or very few, if any. There are people here who are very vested in the constitution, and rights. Not sure what you mean by elitist, but I have not seen what you have seen, and I have gone a round with almost everybody at one time or another.

If liberty is disturbing, or elitist to you then this may not be the site for you, IMO.

As far as smart alecs, yea they are on every site, I am sometimes one of them, we here call it humor, or sarcasm.

When someone is calling police officers pigs and calling them nazi's and whatnot, I strongly believe that person is a cop hater and it's not only one time I've seem it on there.

Ahh yes liberty is very much a disturbing thing to me.

And there are times you can tell someone is new to this whole thing and they post and someone posts to be a smart aleks only to see that person become frustrated and their wholevel mood change. Maybe they're too sensitive or fresh idk. But you can tell when someone is doing it to get under your skin. I've found them on my posts as well and it's just annoying.

ericcris10sen

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now that right there is a classic! :lol:

No, no elitists around here... uh-uh, don't know where you would get an idea like that one, nope! Never seen any of those in all my time here, no siree... :rolleyes:

Lmao when I was new I didn't really notice them or see them much. Luckily they're sometimes put in their place but in some sections they're more prevalent than others.

WalkingWolf

When someone is calling police officers pigs and calling them nazi's and whatnot, I strongly believe that person is a cop hater and it's not only one time I've seem it on there.

Ahh yes liberty is very much a disturbing thing to me.

And there are times you can tell someone is new to this whole thing and they post and someone posts to be a smart aleks only to see that person become frustrated and their wholevel mood change. Maybe they're too sensitive or fresh idk. But you can tell when someone is doing it to get under your skin. I've found them on my posts as well and it's just annoying.

You are now insulting our moderator, those terms are not allowed, and if anything close to that comes up he is on top of it. IMO you are an agent provocateur trying to stir up stinky stuff, there is usually at least one fool that falls for it.

ericcris10sen

I would say that there are a few rather than a lot. You do have the option of adding them to your ignore list.

If something doesn't pertain to a particular thread, it is deemed off topic and don't feed trolls, please.

Serious breaches of Forum Rules or decorum WILL be addressed.

In my not so humble opinion, there is no other forum that can hold a candle to OCDO - still there will always be room for improvement.

Totally understand. Usually moderators do very well but I think there's so many sections it's probably not possible to go through them all lol but I have been pleasantly surprised with how some issues I've seem have been handled.

ericcris10sen

You are now insulting our moderator, those terms are not allowed, and if anything close to that comes up he is on top of it. IMO you are an agent provocateur trying to stir up stinky stuff, there is usually at least one fool that falls for it.

I'm actually not insulting anyone on here. If anyone is trying to stir anything up, it's you. I'm stating what I have CLEARLY seen on here. I think mods do a wonderful job but things slip by from time to time. Maybe they happened when there were fewer mods or different rules idk.

WalkingWolf

I'm actually not insulting anyone on here. If anyone is trying to stir anything up, it's you. I'm stating what I have CLEARLY seen on here. I think mods do a wonderful job but things slip by from time to time. Maybe they happened when there were fewer mods or different rules idk.

YES you are! It is very clear you are by making exaggerated, or outright untrue allegations.

Especially since you have only been here a few months. Ohh wait I get it, so what was your ID before being banned, or leaving in shame?

Last edited:

solus

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
RULE(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

This forum is not for the thin skinned.
Have a nice day.....

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

I'm making a list, and checking it twice....

ericcris10sen

interesting OP, you seem to have a long list of forum disappointments dontcha...

to fulfill forum mandates...
https://www.google.com/search?q=eri...in&ei=BDApWJSkAYHMjwSh0rdg&start=0&sa=N&dpr=2

fasinating reading, especially your reddit comments...
ipse

added, and WW, i do remember an individual, w/back injury could be a police officer, and i believe was banned after an outburst

Never been banned from this forum fyi. In fact I don't think I've been banned from any forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.