• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum is kind of a turn off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
His case was so different/unique that it was allowed - he did oppose OC except in ways he approved also.

He ranted excessively against a celebration that happened to be on the first of May - that being relating soley to Communism/anti freedom in his opinion.
https://www.marxists.org/history/etol/writers/souvar/works/1920/04/29.htm
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/15268-history-of-may-day

He chose to ignore that it was also the beginning of the effort to establish an 8 hour work day in the USA.

"Most people living in the United States know little about the International Workers' Day of May Day. For many others there is an assumption that it is a holiday celebrated in state communist countries like Cuba or the former Soviet Union. Most Americans don't realize that May Day has its origins here in this country and is as "American" as baseball and apple pie, and stemmed from the pre-Christian holiday of Beltane, a celebration of rebirth and fertility."
http://www.iww.org/history/library/misc/origins_of_mayday

I don't know about the OP -- but even extensive explanations about someone who is NO LONGER HERE is belaboring the point.

TXOC16

I decided to mess with all the word nazis...And lets not forget...

And yet in spite of all the bravado, bluster, and bloviation, it's (not "its") common knowledge that any true "anti-grammar" Nazi (a number of whom actually began their now-pitiful lives as semi-successful, honest-to-goodness, admired, trusted, respected, bona fide grammar Nazis before being identified and banished as the impostors they obviously are) long ago learned the difference between the term "lets," which is a singular, third-person, present-tense form of the verb "let," meaning to permit or allow, and the term "let's," which is simply a contraction of the words "let" and "us."

You can lead 'em to water...

Carry on!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Over the years I have read many legal briefs. And attorneys are very good at the bastardization of the English language. But reading briefs for errors you would be amazed of what is missed; even after to or three readings. Your brain will usually correct for mistakes. Even inserting words left out of sentences. Double negative sentences will twist the mind. But, I hope I didn't mispell anything....

countryclubjoe

I decided to mess with all the word nazis. I will be using the improper or wrong spelling of words just to mess with those who just can't leave well enough alone.
Alot versus a lot, flip flop their and there, plain and plane, and list goes on and on. And lets not forget to, too and two.

I am fond of this one.. " to keep an Bare arms".. LOL

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Speak up sonny. You want a pair of bunnies?

afea2955792934fc9ebc5f5515d25b54.jpg

It's been a long day and I'm tired, but I am still OCing.

twoskinsonemanns

Seems like there's a lot of smart aleks, elitists and cop haters in the forums. Quite a turn off tbh. While there's a ton of good, smart people on here, the amount of, well, a-holes is quite frustrating And lately I've been turning to other forums for information and discussions. I mean I see some legit questions on here and discussions only to be ruined by them. Just kind of feel like of you don't have anything nice to say ore I'd doesn't pertain to the question or conversation, don't comment especially if you know it might make someone angry or annoyed. The elitists on here are really bad. Anyone else feel this way?

Come back in a couple months. Election season seems to bring out the worst in folks. Everything is more argumentative and moderation appears to get kinda biased. At this point I guess I get on and check the waters only a few times a month.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Come back in a couple months. Election season seems to bring out the worst in folks. Everything is more argumentative and moderation appears to get kinda biased. At this point I guess I get on and check the waters only a few times a month.
The moderation is biased - we favor OC and an exchange of ideas.

Me personally? I have two user personalities - one as a Mod, the other as your next door neighbor.

How to tell the difference? Answer again Just listen to the tone of my voice and observe my body language.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The moderation is biased - we favor OC and an exchange of ideas.

Me personally? I have two user personalities - one as a Mod, the other as your next door neighbor.

How to tell the difference? Answer again Just listen to the tone of my voice and observe my body language.
I always understood that the higher the fence the better the neighbor.

Hi neighbor.....

protias

Seems like there's a lot of smart aleks, elitists and cop haters in the forums. Quite a turn off tbh. While there's a ton of good, smart people on here, the amount of, well, a-holes is quite frustrating And lately I've been turning to other forums for information and discussions. I mean I see some legit questions on here and discussions only to be ruined by them. Just kind of feel like of you don't have anything nice to say ore I'd doesn't pertain to the question or conversation, don't comment especially if you know it might make someone angry or annoyed. The elitists on here are really bad. Anyone else feel this way?

I haven't read all the pages, but would you rather have the forum be a turn on? :eek::shocker:

Va_Nemo

A bunny with a pancake on its head would be more relevant.

Nemo

Bunny Pancake Head.jpg

Attachments

• HbGUmq8.jpg
    HbGUmq8.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

countryclubjoe

OCDO is the greatest advocate of the 2A and obviously open carry on the net.. However we need to become more understanding in regards to our other constitutional rights and more importantly our natural God given rights.. We cannot simply advocate for rights that we favor or that we exercise, but we must protect and advocate for all rights, we must start by reading and thinking our constitution, and all its pros and cons thereof..

My .02

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCDO is the greatest advocate of the 2A and obviously open carry on the net.. However we need to become more understanding in regards to our other constitutional rights and more importantly our natural God given rights.. We cannot simply advocate for rights that we favor or that we exercise, but we must protect and advocate for all rights, we must start by reading and thinking our constitution, and all its pros and cons thereof..

My .02
Good advice/observation - I am not in disagreement with that.

However, that is not the purpose nor intent of OCDO. We are limited by design to those things that directly impact OC specifically and RKBA generally.

since9

Campaign Veteran

My .02

I wholeheartedly agree. Trying to argue rhetoric with those who argue rhetoric is like two greased pigs fighting to climb a glass pole in a rainstorm.

Thankfully, we can avoid rhetoric by using "the supreme Law of the Land." The antis hate that. :)

The Truth

Nightmare, is your signature supposed to be ironic or funny? If so, I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.