• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

? From an Out of Towner

G

Guntechie

I have a CT Permit and spend a lot of time in VT. In CT even though OC is permitted, CCW is my choice, as it is in VT. I do not have a NH permit, but according to NHSP, not only is OC legal, but for me I have no choice. If I carry it must be openly. (And I know... not in my car ... big pain to take it off and put it on, etc.)
The State Police were very friendly about it on the phone too.

Are you guys still getting hassled for OC? What can I expect in NH?

nhsig220

I've never got hassled for OC. Do it daily.

And, you do have a choice. There are always choices. You can get a NH non-resident license.

G

Guntechie

I've never got hassled for OC. Do it daily.

And, you do have a choice. There are always choices. You can get a NH non-resident license.

I don't spend enough time there, and I can carry on my CT permit or PA permit in enough states to suit me, but you're right I could have said that better.

Unless and until I get a NH permit, I have to open carry or not carry at all.

I can see winter time carry being a big hassle, though. My usual carry gun is a 3" Ruger sp101 IWB. I am assuming that counts as concealed, so I'd have to carry my very large and very heavy sig 226 in NH :(

nhsig220

And carry it in a leg holster. If it's under your coat, it is concealed, hanging on the belt or not.

Last edited: