• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Southeast

Lady

imported post

I've stumbled across this forum and decided I liked it well enough to add my 2 cents :) I've lived in southeastern ky all of my life and have always been around firearms. As a matter of fact my very first gun was taller than I was at the time. My experience has been, so far, that everyone around this area is very accepting (for the lack of a better word) when it come's to OC... ok let me elaborate... OC with men lol. I guess it's a common misconception that women don't like/carry/own guns. While I've never had a real problem OC around here, I certainly get much more attention than my signifigant other. And heaven forbid when we OC togetherit's like we're a regular bonnie and clyde with the genral public lol.

Anyways, I'll be working on getting my CCDW in the next few months (happy birthday to me) and I just wanted to say hello to the other OC'ers around :)

TrueBrit

imported post

Legba wrote:
Outstanding... welcome.

-ljp

May I echo the sentiments expressed by my friend from North of the river!

Great to see a lady taking responsibility for her own safety, and, as you say,SE Kentucky is a great place to OC.Most of the folks I know from that regioncome, like me, from Scots Irish ancestry, and they preserve the independent spirit of their ancestors.

Good to see that another one of my Appalachian cousins is holding the OC line!

Welcome aboard, Lady!

TrueBrit.

Lady

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:

Great to see a lady taking responsibility for her own safety, and, as you say,SE Kentucky is a great place to OC.Most of the folks I know from that regioncome, like me, from Scots Irish ancestry, and they preserve the independent spirit of their ancestors.

Welcome aboard, Lady!

TrueBrit.
Haha yup I'm about as Appalachian as they come... lived here all of my life right on the TN/VA border. I'm not too far away from you either TrueBrit as a matter of fact I commonly travel to places around you like Corbin/London/Lexington. Just not so much to the Richmond area.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Lady

teknoid

imported post

Lady wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:

Welcome aboard, Lady!

TrueBrit.
Haha yup I'm about as Appalachian as they come... lived here all of my life right on the TN/VA border. I'm not too far away from you either TrueBrit as a matter of fact I commonly travel to places around you like Corbin/London/Lexington. Just not so much to the Richmond area.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Lady
Welcome from someone in the "neighborhood". I'm in Middlesboro a lot, sounds like that's close to you.

Lady

imported post

teknoid wrote
Welcome from someone in the "neighborhood". I'm in Middlesboro a lot, sounds like that's close to you.
Actually it's VERY close to me! I live like outside of Pineville. LOL I'm in M'boro like everyday!

Lady

imported post

Well I got my new birthday present!!! Now along with my Walther P22, I have a new Bersa Thunderforce 380 CC!!!!! WOO HOO! Oh anyway I just like new shiny metal toys haha.