• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

front sight members?

vegaspassat

Are there any other frontsight members on here? I bought a membership like a year and a half ago butI STILL have yet to go take a class. I was thinking that if there are any other members on here maybe we could all go as a group or something.

RedRuger

Frontsight Firearms Training Facility

I am a Frontsight http://www.frontsight.com/ member that has attended more than twenty classes at Frontsight. Frontsight is located on 550 acres near the California border between Las Vegas and Pahrump Nevada. They are an extremely safe training facility with each class limited to forty students. The classes operate in the student-coach format which means that no more than twenty students are shooting at any time. They claim to teach more students each year than all of the other civilian firearms training facilities combined. They offer something for everyone. They offer many courses http://www.frontsight.com/Courses.asp including handgun, rifle, shotgun, UZI, M16, armorer classes, rope and rappel classes, empty handed and edged weapons defense classes, etc.. If you have not taken a class at Frontsight, you should really consider doing so. For a brief YouTube video about Frontsight look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOqdpWAELE

Ed. Lott

eye95

Just got a lifetime membership at a great price from AZCDL. When the house sells in Montgomery, I'll be making a trip out that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

28kfps

I have a full life time membership also. Only 17 miles from my house. Been there twice this year going to try and make another trip before years end. Will have to do it next year. Great training.
Here is one for the antis, one of the weeks I went they had 1700 students,1700 guns O my God! Men, woman and say it is not so children! (Teenagers with an adult). Shooting hand guns, shot guns, Assault rifles, full auto machine guns. Men, woman, children shooting an estimated one and a half million rounds a month. Apparently not one brought one of those extremely dangerous, nasty guns the antis and media always talks about that jumps out and starts all on it own killing people.
No cars were broke into, no one had there stuff stolen, no parking lot arguments. Ten of thousands of rounds fired not even a cut finger. Everyone considerate. Front sight is run like clock work very safe and effective. Well set up to train very large groups with no shortage of instructors for each group.

Rusty Young Man

Just got a lifetime membership at a great price from AZCDL. When the house sells in Montgomery, I'll be making a trip out that way.

<o>

Give us a heads up if you're able to make it into AZ territory! It'd be nice to put screen names with faces (I already met AZCDLFred, and he sure didn't look as scruffy as his "handlebar mustache" comment made me think).

I know I'd like to meet (off the top of my head) MAC702, FreeInAZ, SonoraRebel, PavePusher, Paver1055, and AZKopper.

eye95

Give us a heads up if you're able to make it into AZ territory! It'd be nice to put screen names with faces (I already met AZCDLFred, and he sure didn't look as scruffy as his "handlebar mustache" comment made me think).

I know I'd like to meet (off the top of my head) MAC702, FreeInAZ, SonoraRebel, PavePusher, Paver1055, and AZKopper.

Well, you've seen my picture, ya know, a gorilla with a carrot.

<o>

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Well, you've seen my picture, ya know, a gorilla with a carrot.

<o>

[h=2]Wow!![/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RT48
Columbus Dispatch has your picture along with an article about the rally.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...l-efforts.html

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eye95
Yeah. I saw that. Cool.

The photog took my picture cuz I had a gun. Wow. A guy at the rally with a gun.

He really is not a carrot chewing gorilla...

Joe Hanlon, known as “eye95” on Internet gun forums, wears a gun to the rally.

gun-rally-art-gktl9g14-1gun-rally-blv-07-jpg.jpg

BrianB

I've been a member since about 2005. I went twice this year and am planning to take Advanced Tactical Handgun and Practical Rifle sometime next year.

While memberships can still be had pretty affordably if you know someone who has some for sale (most long time members have quite a few - heck, I think I still have dozens of Diamond memberships), if you live far away like I do (Florida) the travel expenses are the limiting factor.

I think the staff at Front Sight are top notch folks. I just can't say enough good things about their cadre - from the instructors all the way down to the folks that ring you up in the pro shop - everyone there goes above and beyond to make sure the students have a great experience.

Rusty Young Man

[h=2]Wow!![/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RT48
Columbus Dispatch has your picture along with an article about the rally.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...l-efforts.html

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eye95
Yeah. I saw that. Cool.

The photog took my picture cuz I had a gun. Wow. A guy at the rally with a gun.

He really is not a carrot chewing gorilla...

Joe Hanlon, known as “eye95” on Internet gun forums, wears a gun to the rally.

gun-rally-art-gktl9g14-1gun-rally-blv-07-jpg.jpg

Well, I can definitely see the resemblance:p. Must be the furry-ness of the beard.:D

MaxPower

So back on topic a little...why dont we all try to set up a date/class that we can take together?

This sounds like fun and I'd like to try to attend. I suggest we try to make it for after Jan. 1 because the $50 background check fee is good for a year, but from my understanding it is based on calendar year and not on "anniversary date".

SharpShootur

This sounds like fun and I'd like to try to attend. I suggest we try to make it for after Jan. 1 because the $50 background check fee is good for a year, but from my understanding it is based on calendar year and not on "anniversary date".

This sounds like a great idea! I would love to join you guys at FrontSight! Please keep me posted.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

So back on topic a little...why dont we all try to set up a date/class that we can take together?

I am taking a two day defensive handgun course Feb 7-8 I would like to seem some friendly faces. I will contact Frontsight and see if they have the capability of ensuring we are on the same range. (this way sharpshooter can see first hand what a 1911 can do):banana:

Update: If it is just a couple of us, 3-4 frontsight said that we should just "check in together" if it turns out to be 10-12, we will get a name list together and turn it in ahead of time.

Last edited:

SharpShootur

I am taking a two day defensive handgun course Feb 7-8 I would like to seem some friendly faces. I will contact Frontsight and see if they have the capability of ensuring we are on the same range. (this way sharpshooter can see first hand what a 1911 can do):banana:

Update: If it is just a couple of us, 3-4 frontsight said that we should just "check in together" if it turns out to be 10-12, we will get a name list together and turn it in ahead of time.

Oh is that right Don't Tread On Me. Are you issuing me a challenge? :shocker: It seems to me that you just want to see what a Glock 34 can do. ;) Finally! A 9mm VS 45 smack down! Unfortunately, those dates aren't good for me. However, let's see if we can solidify another date AND get more people to come along. In fact, we can make this another OC event!! :banana:

What say the rest of you? (By the way, Don't Tread On Me is an excellent person to talk to in regard to memberships.)

BrianB

I think I'm taking Advanced Tactical Handgun in May, but nothing set in stone. Haven't even booked the airfare yet. We'll see.

SharpShootur

Hey Everyone!,

A new thread has been posted for the FrontSight Challenge! I can see that there is some difficulty in February for most people, BUT we are undaunted! May looks to be promising! Don't Tread On me, how does that sound to you? Does that sound good to everyone else? Let's try to get as many people there together as possible! :D

Also, for those of you that do not have a membership, I stated above to contact Don't Tread On Me. I also want to tell you to contact BrianB as well! Thanks guys! Let's make this happen!

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I think I'm taking Advanced Tactical Handgun in May, but nothing set in stone. Haven't even booked the airfare yet. We'll see.

That sounds super fun, I haven't been able to do any 4 day courses because of my schedule, I will have to "step up" to join you! If my 2 day in Feb can turn into a 4 day at the last minuet, I will extend my class to meet the prerequisites.

Two Day Advanced Tactical Handgun Prerequisites:

Attendance in 4-Day Handgun AND Distinguished Graduate in a 4-Day Handgun or Handgun Skill Builder

If you have attended this course within the last 12 months, you are ‘grandfathered in’. If it has been more than 12 months since attending this course, you must meet the prerequisites.

If you fail to meet the prerequisites for this class and you sign up anyway, you will be dropped or moved to a different course.