• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny story

tcbrad98

Traditional martial arts=mcdojo?

I agree that there are many schools teaching BS out there, but then why have warriors and soldiers trained in systems of unarmed defense for centuries?

As a martial arts instructor( Kenpo/MMA/Kickboxing) , we strive very hard to train for reality.

I think you may have some bad history with martial arts, maybe a bad school or got your butt kicked?

wimwag

Traditional martial arts=mcdojo?

I agree that there are many schools teaching BS out there, but then why have warriors and soldiers trained in systems of unarmed defense for centuries?

As a martial arts instructor( Kenpo/MMA/Kickboxing) , we strive very hard to train for reality.

I think you may have some bad history with martial arts, maybe a bad school or got your butt kicked?

Nah, he's just one of those "I don't need it because I think I'm badass" guys. He fails to realize that thousands of years of warfare, starting with the very first fistfight, have led to the development of these tactics and simply swinging a fist or rolling on the ground is never enough when it really matters.

Anyone can be badass on the internet though. Or multiple people who have conversations with each other. Right Franky?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Rusty Young Man

The biggest flaws in the macho man's argument:

1) criminals tend not to "fight fair". Violent criminals tend to ambush, surprise, use weapons, choose easy prey (those that are weaker, smaller, etc.), and they don't always stop once they've got you calling "uncle"; it isn't like dealing with the playground bully.

2) adults REASON, unlike children. His equating of manhood with fighting shows only a lack of maturity, as well as his lack of understanding of the criminal mindset.

Glocklover20

So did he hit you? Or did your witty riposte go over his head?

Oh no....and when I asked a guy he was talking go why he didnt try and fight he said, "well he knows you carry a gun everday" so I guess it did its job and kept my face from hurting and his heart beating.

Glocklover20

The biggest flaws in the macho man's argument:

1) criminals tend not to "fight fair". Violent criminals tend to ambush, surprise, use weapons, choose easy prey (those that are weaker, smaller, etc.), and they don't always stop once they've got you calling "uncle"; it isn't like dealing with the playground bully.

2) adults REASON, unlike children. His equating of manhood with fighting shows only a lack of maturity, as well as his lack of understanding of the criminal mindset.

3) If anyone with common since HAS to fight, and i dont have my firearm, I can alsway find a brick! Fighting is not ment to be "fair" unless its for sport, I will use anything I can to ensure I win and dont get the crap beat out of me because someone feels they need to inflate that timy ego a little more.

I no that I swithed to first person....im to lazy to change it:)

Last edited:

wimwag

3) If anyone with common since HAS to fight, and i dont have my firearm, I can alsway find a brick! Fighting is not ment to be "fair" unless its for sport, I will use anything I can to ensure I win and dont get the crap beat out of me because someone feels they need to inflate that timy ego a little more.

I no that I swithed to first person....im to lazy to change it:)

this is my backyard. find a brick.

Attachments

• WP_20140323_002.jpg
    WP_20140323_002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 99

F350

As a fellow Jarhead buddy use to say...

"If you find youself in a fair fight.... Your tactics SUCK"!!

Glocklover20

this is my backyard. find a brick.

Ok in your case you get a brick of ice which hurts just as bad to a snowball, if you choose the second you might just piss the other person off......the image of a small dog at my anckles is all i can see haha

wimwag

Ok in your case you get a brick of ice which hurts just as bad to a snowball, if you choose the second you might just piss the other person off......the image of a small dog at my anckles is all i can see haha

words.

wimwag

The amount of attention you give me is both flattering and confusing. Thank you.